James McAtee

Trippier turned out ok. And Frimpong looks very promising as mentioned

I will give you Trippier.

I'm thinking Premier league level though. Frimpong at Celtic doesn't count yet.

Micah Richards?

I will give you Micah but we are going back to a player that were at the academy circa 20 years ago.

In the last 10:-

Foden, Diaz, Sancho, Iheanacho, Denayer, Tosin, Angelino, Ben Mee? Who have i missed.

The only striker there is a player we paid for after they player in the U17 world cup.

I will give you Trippier.

I'm thinking Premier league level though. Frimpong at Celtic doesn't count yet.

I will give you Micah but we are going back to a player that were at the academy circa 20 years ago.

In the last 10:-

Foden, Diaz, Sancho, Iheanacho, Denayer, Tosin, Angelino, Ben Mee? Who have i missed.

The only striker there is a player we paid for after they player in the U17 world cup.
We got around €9m for Maffeo, who has played La Liga and Bundesliga. He hasn’t really kicked on when many thought he seemingly would.

Sturridge is another, as a forward player that played at the top level, but that’s maybe 12 years ago now.

Funny one, as others have said, his best attributes mirror those of Foden and Palmer - technically proficient, good vision, can score goals.

He also looks like he's got plenty of growing to do and would struggle at first team level.

Maybe he'll benefit from a loan out somewhere? I doubt he'll have the patience to wait behind Palmer but you never know.

He's really good. Very similar to Foden though, and I do wonder if Foden kinda just...got there first? Cole Palmer may have too. McAtee turns 18 in a couple of weeks so i guess we'll know within the next year or so if there's any chance for him given we tend to integrate the ones we want around the first team at his age he is now usually.

Foden is very versatile though, can play multiple positions. We'd be happy to have several lads like Foden in the first team. So while McAtee may not have a clear path in the first team, we may nurture him, loan him out, and give him a proper chance in say 3 years, provided he has developed into a really good young player.

Just watched some footage of the City EDS team and there are some great young players on show. But, for me, the lad McAtee was brilliant at times and clearly has incredible natural talent. He has such style and grace on the ball which is great to watch and you get the feeling he will produce something special. Some of City's other youngsters are already training with the first team and I think McAtee deserves to join them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.