James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

I mean it’s a bit naive to think he didn’t know what was planned. Same with Nmecha this year, he was told the club were signing a big striker so he looked elsewhere, if he knew what we and he knows now he may have stayed considering he’d be our only striker. Garcia clearly knew City wanted to sign 2 CBs and regardless of whether they did or not Barca’s offer was more tempting for him.
Garcia made it clear he wanted to leave 12 months before

he is too weak to be a strikerr in the PL he will be pushed off the ball easily. Palmer and Foden are very good at holding off the defenders and bouncing off them and have a much bigger frame than him. he clearly has all the attributes of a midfielder we should develop him there.
Too weak, will be pushed over, give over! This lad is strong. I’m not asking him to be played as an old fashioned no. 9 more a no. 10 secondary striker. My mistake in my post above saying a false 9 when I should have said false striker.

He does have the attributes and long term future of being a good MF, you are right about that. In the first team that will be hard to break Into at present. Foden is a MF and he plays mostly as a forward in the first 11. With McAtee‘s finishing and link up play he would be a good option as a false striker in our first team. He is quick with the ball and will lose his marker with his quick thinking.

His development has already been gradual and consistent but this season he is on the cusp of really taking off. It is obvious to see.

Last edited:
Its to be hope he doesn't do a Sancho and fuck off
To be fair, Sancho went to Dortmund for all the right footballing reasons. His big mistake was leaving Dortmund for the rags.
McAtee will have a decision to make at some point - If he's sent out on loan, I suspect we won't see him back at City other than as an opponent.

To be fair, Sancho went to Dortmund for all the right footballing reasons. His big mistake was leaving Dortmund for the rags.
McAtee will have a decision to make at some point - If he's sent out on loan, I suspect we won't see him back at City other than as an opponent.

Not wanting to learn from the greatest manager and great players like David Silva, KDB, Aguero sort of contradicts what you say. Foden was nowhere near the first XI when Sancho left and is now better than Sancho. Because Foden has learnt a lot from working with the best manager and some of the best players.

It's important for young players to play, but it is also important to learn from the best, and Sancho snubbed that chance. Think he'll pay for it with a shorter and less exciting career at the top. He will have good seasons, perhaps even at United, but won't be among the very best. IMO, of course.

Not wanting to learn from the greatest manager and great players like David Silva, KDB, Aguero sort of contradicts what you say. Foden was nowhere near the first XI when Sancho left and is now better than Sancho. Because Foden has learnt a lot from working with the best manager and some of the best players.

It's important for young players to play, but it is also important to learn from the best, and Sancho snubbed that chance. Think he'll pay for it with a shorter and less exciting career at the top. He will have good seasons, perhaps even at United, but won't be among the very best. IMO, of course.
He left City because he wanted to play regularly at a high level. It wasn't going to happen at City, so he went where it would happen. As a result, he was called up to the full England squad and has gained caps.
As far as I'm concerned, that's all the right reasons and I'm sure that he will think he made the right move.
It's what he thinks that matters, and I dare say, he probably doesn't view his move to the rags as a 'bad one'.
It's a short career. He's made the right moves for himself.

He left City because he wanted to play regularly at a high level. It wasn't going to happen at City, so he went where it would happen. As a result, he was called up to the full England squad and has gained caps.
As far as I'm concerned, that's all the right reasons and I'm sure that he will think he made the right move.
It's what he thinks that matters, and I dare say, he probably doesn't view his move to the rags as a 'bad one'.

What Sancho thinks is the best for him may not be the best for him. Players take wrong decisions all the time. How could learning from Pep and from top professionals and great players at City could be bad for his career? On the contrary, it could have helped him have a better and longer career at the top.

Time will tell, opinions will change over the course of the season because Sancho is likely to have some great games. But, ultimately, Sancho is likely to realise at some point that it might have been the wrong choice to leave City, especially if/when he watches the WC games from the bench or from home. Time will tell.

He’s won three less league titles than Foden and isn’t a guaranteed starter for England. Him moving does mean he’s on 350k pw so I suppose he got what he wanted all along as he’d never be on that here. Dortmund also pay more than us in agent fees and to young players which nobody mentions.

At the time you could argue he made the right decision but in hindsight it wasn’t. If he stayed he’d be our right winger, he’d have multiple medals, have learnt from the best but he would be earning a lot less money so there is that.

He’s won three less league titles than Foden and isn’t a guaranteed starter for England. Him moving does mean he’s on 350k pw so I suppose he got what he wanted all along as he’d never be on that here. Dortmund also pay more than us in agent fees and to young players which nobody mentions.

At the time you could argue he made the right decision but in hindsight it wasn’t. If he stayed he’d be our right winger, he’d have multiple medals, have learnt from the best but he would be earning a lot less money so there is that.

It seems that style over substance otherwise known as the " 'nitid way " is what gets you massively unrealistic salaries , so Jadon and agent will no doubt be very happy .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.