James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Which is exactly my point.

There's nothing wrong with chasing the money if that's what motivates you.

Good luck to the lad.

Sentiment agreed, but good luck now that he is with the rags is way out of line imo. He's made his bed so he has to lie in it ( or sit on the bench ) I really don't care which.

Agreed, we had just spent big on mahrez. Sancho was right to leave us as his route to the first team was blocked.
He left City because he wanted to play regularly at a high level. It wasn't going to happen at City, so he went where it would happen. As a result, he was called up to the full England squad and has gained caps.
As far as I'm concerned, that's all the right reasons and I'm sure that he will think he made the right move.
It's what he thinks that matters, and I dare say, he probably doesn't view his move to the rags as a 'bad one'.
It's a short career. He's made the right moves for himself.

Agreed, we had just spent big on mahrez. Sancho was right to leave us as his route to the first team was blocked.
You mean the Mahrez who signed 12 months after Sancho left? This being the Sancho who was name checked by Khaldoon as being fast tracked to the first team not long after he turned 17, with the biggest contract we'd ever offered to a teenager sitting on the table?

I think this is a myth that needs to go away. Sancho left a year before Mahrez was signed.

The only winger we signed preceding Sancho's departure that summer was Bernardo.
You (just) beat me to it :)

Are people that lazy that they can't check anything themselves nowadays and just blindly believe social media?

Great cameo the other day. In that 5 minutes or so he showed he has enough for more appearances so hopefully he’ll get them, settle down, sign a contract and compete for a regular place in the squad with the odd start here and there.

I preferred the look of him to Palmer

You mean the Mahrez who signed 12 months after Sancho left? This being the Sancho who was name checked by Khaldoon as being fast tracked to the first team not long after he turned 17, with the biggest contract we'd ever offered to a teenager sitting on the table?
Doh my bad. I thought he left the following transfer window.

I think this is a myth that needs to go away. Sancho left a year before Mahrez was signed.

The only winger we signed preceding Sancho's departure that summer was Bernardo.
Weren't we in for mahrez though that year but wouldn't pay the fee, went back in the next year and signed him?

Why are we endlessly discussing Sancho in a thread about one of our club's important young players?
Because he may soon have to make the same decision that faced Jadon Sancho...

Does he want to wait his turn?
Would he see a loan as a good option?
Would a permanent move be the way to go?

Waiting worked out for Phil Foden, and looks quite positive for Cole Palmer. However, it's a risk for any ambitious youngster.

Loans tend not to be a successful route for progress at City. They invariably lead to a move, usually to a lower level

A permanent move to a top club with almost guaranteed regular games would be very tempting for any young player. If a club like Dortmund come calling, players have to be interested.

It's possibly the most important decision of any young players career. Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho are benchmarks. That's why Sancho is in the McAtee discussion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.