James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Think another year of physical growth would benefit James enormously, the ability and vision is already there. The likes of Phil, Connor Gallagher and Michael Olise really started to kick on after getting a bit more meat on their bones
Exactly my thoughts.

He needs to improve his fitness/stamina/strength and he'll be absolute quality.

Connor Gallagher is a great example.

Looks very good when we are going forward with the ball, finds space, gets on the turn makes the pass. Defensively seemed to be passed easier than others in the 8. That'll come, just learning when the team is pressing (see Phil always looking making sure hes not alone etc) and which passing lane to close out.

Positive as hell, kid looks class.

Quality player. Pep has high expectations of players in that role. Where we like to see the quick turns and creative side, he wants to see the positional discipline and defensive side before he praises them fully. Time on the pitch will help, he's a huge talent and experience is the only way he'll improve but he's more than capable of being a first team player.

Talented player, but I think he’s the type who would fit well in a city side but not so well in any other prem side. Although people said the same about foden, but foden was even more talented, quicker, better endurance etc.

I thought he played well.

I know sometimes these players think if they don't get a goal or assist then they didn't play great, but for me, that's more of an expectation I have of our forwards.

For midfielders, the priority is getting the team ticking, executing transitions, goals and assists are the cherry on top of all of that. In fact, if a midfielder was only goals and assists but couldn't do the other requirements, then that's not a player we need, or we would transition them to a winger in some way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.