James McAtee

I think even when he's played with the first team of City he's never looked that comfortable. I'm not sure if or when it will click for him to make that adjustment from playing against boys to playing against men. Even though he's not playing for a team that suits him, I think this should be a good loan for him.. he needs to get kicked around a bit and "grow up" basically.

Doyle does seem like a more natural fit for this team and his header is what lead to their goal ultimately. We need James showing the same level of commitment as Tommy is showing.

On the plus side it can’t get any worse in terms of performances! Might not start again for a while though

Lol....exactly,muscle....and neither Bernie or Mahrez have much.
I'd suggest you look at photos of Bernie, Mahrez and David Silva when they were 19 years old. As a qualified coach I coached and managed players aged from 9/10 to 50 + years old for over 35 years and it is rare to see any player whose physique ("the form, size, and development of a person's body") has not changed to various degrees after reaching 19 years of age. Based on my own experience bluenova's post # 1751 addresses the issue correctly in response to kamoro011, people may disagree with them but they don't deserve uninformed mockery. Please have a close look at the budgie to see whether it has meat or a strong physique before you accuse other posters of "talking shite,again"

Last edited:
Every time you step on the pitch, you have to want it!
You have to be there available at all times, making sure your foot is the first one in, even when the ball comes in high and you have no way of winning it, you still need to make sure the other player knows you’re there, David Silva is a very good example!
These are the minimum requirements, before you showcase your individual skills.
When he can show both qualities then, that’s when he becomes the player we think he can be.
I read this in Mike Bassett’s voice.

I didn't like his attitude at all in that first half.

Been given a chance against a load of clunkers.

Sheffield obviously don't have the skill of the players he has been training with at City.
However, you make your own luck, with hard work and endeavour.
The hard work and endeavour he put in was half hearted.
Anyone could see that.
If this lad is going to make it at City....and he is currently a long way from that, he needs to wake up and as some have said already get the simple stuff right first and build from there.

Would be a shame but Pep proven right yet again.

I hope Delap fairs better.

Not going to watch any SU game whether he or Doyle plays. I’ll catch up on updates via the forum. I really like watching football. You’d even catching me watching Argentinian league at stupid o’clock sometimes but this is dire.

There’s a 2 yard pass and someone just smacks it to no one or one person surrounded by 3 with no hope of getting it. Tough watch

Not going to watch any SU game whether he or Doyle plays. I’ll catch up on updates via the forum. I really like watching football. You’d even catching me watching Argentinian league at stupid o’clock sometimes but this is dire.

There’s a 2 yard pass and someone just smacks it to no one or one person surrounded by 3 with no hope of getting it. Tough watch
To coin a phrase, the ball goes off on a stretcher.

Based upon that match Doyle looks more comfortable than McAtee at this level. That is to be expected as the former has played on loan previously.
Hopefully they can play alongside each other as I think McAtee will benefit from having someone on a similar wavelength.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.