James McCarthy

My views on McCarthy. I would take him over Delph offers a little more. Saying that both players are way off what we need. Just because they are home grown is the only reason they are linked to us. Saying that I think either would fit into the team. Playing in a midfield of Sterling , Silva , Yaya Fernandhino of Fernando and Nasri there is a lot of creative around them and if they can do the simple things and keep the midfield ticking over they would do well at the club. I will keep saying it about McCarthy if you want him to take control and boss a game its a no go he goes missing when needed. I think there is still a lot of improving in him and he might need a move away from Everton and Marthinez to get something else out of him. Would McCarthy join up I am guessing he would join and be up for the competition of places something Delph has shown he isnt up to that is to battle for a place in the team. All of these players will get games during the season as most of our squad will get times when players will be rested. Shame for Delph he hasnt got that fight in him to of signed for us. McCarthy will jump given a chance to any of the top 6 teams.

Whenever I watched Everton last year he stood out as their best player. Quite often during a game I'd think 'Ok, Barkley is starting to show his quality again here' only to quickly realise it's McCarthy

Would I take him? Yes.
But signing him would likely spell the end of either De Bruyne or Pogba, I just don't see how we can afford all 3, and that's before the realisation that we're dealing with Everton here, we're not going to get McCarthy for even £20m

Delph made sense because he was cheap. I'd rather we bring in Aranguiz, who was reportedly gettable for a similar fee as Delph. If we're so desperate for another HG player get a GK

Whenever I watched Everton last year he stood out as their best player. Quite often during a game I'd think 'Ok, Barkley is starting to show his quality again here' only to quickly realise it's McCarthy

Would I take him? Yes.
But signing him would likely spell the end of either De Bruyne or Pogba, I just don't see how we can afford all 3, and that's before the realisation that we're dealing with Everton here, we're not going to get McCarthy for even £20m

Delph made sense because he was cheap. I'd rather we bring in Aranguiz, who was reportedly gettable for a similar fee as Delph. If we're so desperate for another HG player get a GK

We have two HG GKs in Hart and Wright and then Willy who is 2nd choice. We don't need a 4th GK.

Why would we need 3 HG GK's. Gunn could also come in and do a job if we were struggling and doesn't need to be counted towards the squad as U21
Many supporters do note rate Willy and maybe what is meant is that a HG replacement should be sought, this having a bonus in that an overseas slot becomes vacant.

That's a bloody stupid thing to say. Have you seen how bad the other 10 players on the field were?

McCarthy is a very competent cog in a machine and if put in our middle he'll do a hell of a job.

He has never imposed himself at international level and is not near good enough for us.
You're the only Irish supporter on here that things he's worth the risk, maybe it's you that needs
to stop with the stupidity.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm the one who has gone to see him play in the flesh and understand that Messi wouldn't stand out in that team. O'Neill has the middle playing the most mundane stuff you've ever seen. They are instructed to just sit and feed the wings...terrible outdated stuff. He does exactly what he's asked to do for Ireland and he does it very well.Whether it's actually a good idea to have him doing it is the thing most folk can't see past. He's not the manager, he's doing what he's told.

Then you look at him at Everton, in a more expansive team. He is extremely good at breaking down the oppositions attacks without having to even tackle, his simple positional sense makes them have to look for other avenues. He links the play very well.

I thought Delph would have been a decent pick up, but McCarthy is better and would thrive in a system like ours compared to Delph.

Nonsense, he doesn't impose himself at international level because he's not good enough against sides that hold the ball well.
Where on earth do you get the idea that O'Neill doesn't want him to impose himself on the game?
Your average premiership team gives the ball away with alarming regularity and gives him the chance to burst forward and show his athleticism
when with Everton, he's nowhere near our level.
He was next to useless against Scotland and our midfield 3 was bossed by Morrison from West Brom and the Scots better movement.
He's all hype and it's farcical that you think otherwise when the evidence doesn't suggest it.

Nonsense, he doesn't impose himself at international level because he's not good enough against sides that hold the ball well.
Where on earth do you get the idea that O'Neill doesn't want him to impose himself on the game?
Your average premiership team gives the ball away with alarming regularity and gives him the chance to burst forward and show his athleticism
when with Everton, he's nowhere near our level.
He was next to useless against Scotland and our midfield 3 was bossed by Morrison from West Brom and the Scots better movement.
He's all hype and it's farcical that you think otherwise when the evidence doesn't suggest it.

The middle are clearly instructed to sit in zones, thats why he looks rubbish. They ALL look rubbish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.