James McLean

Well you listed the "naughtiness" of the English...and you are saying the Irish choose to leave out or ignore parts of their history, and just blame the English....that, to me, suggests you think the irish are just as bad
The Irish have been over to what is now Wales and slaughtered the Britons there and created the Irish kingdom of Dyfed. Dal rhiada was the beginnings of what is now Scotland where the Irish came over to Northern Britain and slaughtered the Britons and Picts creating a kingdom up North which became Scotland. There were no Scots in Britain before Dal rhiada as the Scots were originally Irish. When the Romans left Britain there was a power vacuum and the Irish came over slaughtering Britons all over what is now England trying to gain power for themselves there.

The Irish have been over to what is now Wales and slaughtered the Britons there and created the Irish kingdom of Dyfed. Dal rhiada was the beginnings of what is now Scotland where the Irish came over to Northern Britain and slaughtered the Britons and Picts creating a kingdom up North which became Scotland. There were no Scots in Britain before Dal rhiada as the Scots were originally Irish. When the Romans left Britain there was a power vacuum and the Irish came over slaughtering Britons all over what is now England trying to gain power for themselves there.

Cool story, bro.
Shame that the nations you speak of, Ireland, Wales, Scotland etc didn't exist then but hey, well done on cherry picking events from a period in history where, quite literally, the only contemporary records that are known of, were being documented on the greener, more civilised island whilst others, not so far away, ot were still pretty much swinging from trees.

Last edited:
Not on the curriculum over there so it never happened.

There were indeed atrocities committed in the Irish Civil War. All tolled about 1700 (hundred) people (mostly soldiers) were killed.
Interestingly, Cromwell popped over to Ireland to put the finishing touches on the English Civil War and slaughtered 17000 (thousand) soldiers... and 200,000 civilians.

What happened in the Famine? Well, there are copious documents available for free on the internet and the subject is far too broad to answer in a single post but on a Single Day, at the height of the Famine (4 November 1847), the English exported from Cork aboard The Ajax...

1514 firkins of butter
102 casks of pork
44 hogsheads of whiskey
844 sacks of oats
247 sacks of wheat
104 bales of bacon
13 casks of ham
145 casks of porter
13 sacks of fodder
8 sacks if lard
269 boxes of eggs
30 head of cattle
90 pigs
220 lambs
34 calves
69 miscellaneous packages.

and a partridge in a pear tree

Cool story, bro.
Shame that the nations you speak of, Ireland, Wales, Scotland etc didn't exist then but hey, well done on cherry picking events from a period in history where, quite literally, the only contemporary records that are known of, were being documented on the greener, more civilised island whilst others, not so far away, ot were still pretty much swinging from trees.
I’m not your “bro”.

You’ve ignored where I’ve said “what is now” “what became” and “what is now” again though haven’t you? As not once did I say any of those nations existed then, you’ve just made that up because that’s what you wanted to read from what I said.

And what’s this “cherry picking events” about? I’m not going to remark about things that aren’t relevant to my point am I? Just because you don’t like the facts don’t moan about them.

I’m not your “bro”.

You’ve ignored where I’ve said “what is now” “what became” and “what is now” again though haven’t you? As not once did I say any of those nations existed then, you’ve just made that up because that’s what you wanted to read from what I said.

And what’s this “cherry picking events” about? I’m not going to remark about things that aren’t relevant to my point am I? Just because you don’t like the facts don’t moan about them.

Aw, I'm gutted you feel that way, er, buddy (?).

Look if you have to go back to the early and/or pre-Christian era to justify Britain's litany of deceit, slaughter, greed and cruelty - not just in Ireland but just about anywhere around the world - and then ultimately use that as a platform to condemn and take umbrage from one individual's decision to not wear a poppy... well, even you at your peculiar level of indignant, flag-waving, Little Englishness - must understand on some level (surely, nobody is that stupid, surely?) that you're clutching at the very thinnest of straws.

Don't take my word for it though. You clearly want to learn (and I commend you for that), so ask around if I'm wrong in that assertion. I have no doubt whatsoever that any sane, non-blinkered people - regardless of whether they're English, Irish or the from the moon - would be happy to confirm for you that I am not.

Aw, I'm gutted you feel that way, er, buddy (?).

Look if you have to go back to the early and/or pre-Christian era to justify Britain's litany of deceit, slaughter, greed and cruelty - not just in Ireland but just about anywhere around the world - and then ultimately use that as a platform to condemn and take umbrage from one individual's decision to not wear a poppy... well, even you at your peculiar level of indignant, flag-waving, Little Englishness - must understand on some level (surely, nobody is that stupid, surely?) that you're clutching at the very thinnest of straws.

Don't take my word for it though. You clearly want to learn (and I commend you for that), so ask around if I'm wrong in that assertion. I have no doubt whatsoever that any sane, non-blinkered people - regardless of whether they're English, Irish or the from the moon - would be happy to confirm for you that I am not.
My post was simply with regards to someone saying how far back does someone want to go. It wasn’t even related to the thread topic in any way. Probably not good for the thread really but oh well. I don’t give a shit if the whole non-English Prem employees said they didn’t want to wear a poppy... I don’t wear a poppy myself!

I also wasn’t trying to “justify Britain’s litany of deceit, slaughter, greed and cruelty”. But it is a point that should be considered when talking about Britain and Ireland that people from the island of Ireland have been to the other island to slaughter and take over power. Doesn’t matter when it was (and it was only 1600 years ago of 50000 years of European homosapien history, not long ago at all). There’s no such thing as it being too far back in history to matter now. It happened and that’s that. Can’t just sweep it under the carpet because you don’t want it mentioned. It’s like United fans saying City being bigger than United up to the 1940s is too long ago to matter now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.