James McLean

Don't have an issue with it. If he doen't want to wear one, then craic on. I don't wear one either, and I served 25 years (I do give to the RBL though).

Much has been said on what started out as a viewpoint on a decision not to wear a poppy. We are now discussing history which demonsrates how passionate people feel about this. I've got my own opinions on Mclean which I don't want to go over again. People don't want to wear a poppy, fine. People don't want to honour the military dead, fine it's their choice. So, why do I wear a poppy and pay my respects? There's a few reasons really, but I'll mention the main one. It's about young lads and boys who worked down the pits and in the factories. It's about the men who lived in slums trying to support a family with nothing. It's about them going out to do what they felt was their duty, an adventure, a better life. Hundreds of thousands of those folk never came home. Never saw families again. Never hugged their loved ones. Never had a pint of beer. Never went to football match again. So no matter how you choose to be influenced by specific events, is it too much to ask to spare a thought for them. Not for me it isn't.

Hope someone goes right through him this weekend. Not cause he aint wearing a poppy but just because he's a fucking prick who likes to kick our players when he has the opportunity.

... people routinely make jokes... without censure, due to the effluxion of time since the events occurred...

...Doesn’t matter when it was (and it was only 1600 years ago of 50000 years of European homosapien history, not long ago at all). There’s no such thing as it being too far back in history to matter now. It happened and that’s that. Can’t just sweep it under the carpet because you don’t want it mentioned...

Now, there's your answer in the lower quote, Mr. Davies-Moustache.

Also, Mr Psychedelic Casual, if you could kindly consider the top quote as though it were my own reply.

Ooh, you whimsical English with your quirky grasp of logic. What are we gonna do with ye, eh?

:-)

Can’t just sweep it under the carpet because you don’t want it mentioned. It’s like United fans saying City being bigger than United up to the 1940s is too long ago to matter now.

Or the 5 - 1..........it happened you red ****s like lots of other stuff you sweep under the carpet..............I have a long list

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.