James Milner to West Ham

Zaba and Milner would be the most stupid sales we could make out of the squad we have now. They're versatile, consistent, and always determined and noone else in the squad possess all those 3 traits. You always need 1 player at least in the team like them, 2 - even better.

and I include Komps in that. There were many times last year where it looked like he could care more. I have never seen that from Milner or Zaba

we would be so stupid to sell milner. I would seriously question what the hell we are doing if this happened. Hes one of our best players and such a good squad member to have.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:16 pm --<br /><br />
OrigamiNinja said:
The club will never progress to where it wants to be (CL winners) if players like Milner are a regular in the side.

Milner is our Phil Jones, works hard, will run all day for you but ultimately isnt good enough. Teams like Barca, Bayern, Real etc dont require a workhorse with very little talent to be successful so why do City?

Milner should be nothing more than a squad player at City, playing a dozen games a season to give others a much needed rest. If he is happy with this, fine, if not then he should be moved on to free up space in the squad so the likes of Suarez can play those dozen or so games per season. For me its buying the likes of Milner for ridiculous fees and high wages which means they command some game time every season which hinders the development of the likes of Suarez.

Might not be a popular view but i would be happy to see the likes of Milner moved on.

what a load of sh*t

richball_PF55 said:
FFS first we lose out on isco now Jimmy is on his way?

This week couldn't get any worse.
So, unless I've misunderstood this, selling Milner would hurt just as much as selling Agüero, Kompany or Silva?

Blue Haze said:
Doubt he'll play much under Manuel.

Anything over 10m I'd take.

Though I don't really rate Milner as much as lot of people here (I'm not English so I don't buy "he gives all and working rate" bullshit, that way of thinking led to current state of English national teams) I don't think City should sell him for that money though I'm fairly sure nobody would offer much more than that.

People mentioning 20-25m are deluded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.