Hates United
Hes English
Still relatively young
Very well grounded lad.

Should of started in the cup final in my opinion. We must not sell

Consummate professional,
Never moans about not playing,
Never goes missing,
When the going gets tough, Milner is the type of player we need.

EXACTLY who you want when:

Yaya is having a hissy fit
or
Nasri is (once more) playing cack
or
when Garcia is twisting himself into the ground like a corkscrew trying to keep up with the game
or
when Rodwell is sidelined
or...(add in your own player comment).

No, nay, never.

He hasn't proved as technical as I thought but he gives you an all action style nonetheless and every team needs a guy like that. He is (nearly) the Zabba of midfields. Thinking about the possibility of us switching to 4-3-3 would work well at the top of a 'dutch/barca' 3 man midfield (one dm, one cm, one am), or on either side in a 'horizontal' 3 man midfield (one right, one left, one central), in both cases, allowing us to either pick two excellent midfield passers who may not have the workrate, or to pick a fully attacking 3 up front (Silva, Aguero, Navas).

Honestly can not see this happening. Milner is a solid multi positional player who give his all every time he plays, so the club would
Really want him to stay. Having said that I believe he will be restricted to the bench for the majority of the season, so who knows if he will request a transfer in order to play? In which case I will say thank you and good luck.

This is one of the stupidest sales we could make. Would be very disappointed.

Milner can do nearly everything, pretty well, with no fuss and play anywhere doing it except CF. He's probably the best utility player in the league and absolutely crucial to have.

simon23 said:
While I agree Milners work rate and attitude are first class, when has anyone ever seen him grab a game and take control...it happens very very rarely. His contribution defensively to the team is unquestionable BUT his contribution to the team in an attacking sense is. He gets in good positions but his final delivery is mostly poor. He has a dcent shot on him as we all know but is he ever going to be played more centrally in our team ....?? IS he better than Yaya, silva ferdnanhio??...I dont think he is.

Could he play in Barry's position (now with ferdnandhio in there as well???????

I undestand we need an english quota of players but from an attackig point of view JM needs to step it up considerably

You see this "grab a game and take control of it" a lot but in all honesty beyond mainly Aguero, past-Tevez and when he's not having 2/3 disinterested games Yaya who actually can?

Silva barely does, nor Nasri, Dzeko.

Jimfv1 said:
Not heard the rumour, and I doubt it is true. Even Sam must realise that he won't be getting Milner on the cheap from us. He was one of our most consistent performers last season and his value won't have dropped since he came to us. West Ham have just broke the bank on fees and wages for Carroll, so I can't see Sullivan and Gold spending the same again on a midfielder.

I expect with Pellegrini's coaching to see Milner stepping his game up a level. Milner has improved at every club he's been at except for City. If it is true that Pellegrini likes good hard working pros then Milner should fit right in with him.

I cannot disagree enough with this.

Milner is twice the player now than when he joined us.

No way on earth should he be sold.

NQCitizen said:
simon23 said:
While I agree Milners work rate and attitude are first class, when has anyone ever seen him grab a game and take control...it happens very very rarely. His contribution defensively to the team is unquestionable BUT his contribution to the team in an attacking sense is. He gets in good positions but his final delivery is mostly poor. He has a dcent shot on him as we all know but is he ever going to be played more centrally in our team ....?? IS he better than Yaya, silva ferdnanhio??...I dont think he is.

Could he play in Barry's position (now with ferdnandhio in there as well???????

I undestand we need an english quota of players but from an attackig point of view JM needs to step it up considerably

You see this "grab a game and take control of it" a lot but in all honesty beyond mainly Aguero, past-Tevez and when he's not having 2/3 disinterested games Yaya who actually can?

Silva barely does, nor Nasri, Dzeko.

Id agree with most of that but tevez did on numerous occasions last year..he was very influential imho

I was just reacting to something someone else posted.....

However for me JM needs to step it up....he is innaffective in an attacking sense for the vast majority of games.....and he just doesnt have the quality for europe and that has also been proven at international level

NQCitizen said:
This is one of the stupidest sales we could make. Would be very disappointed.

Milner can do nearly everything, pretty well, with no fuss and play anywhere doing it except CF. He's probably the best utility player in the league and absolutely crucial to have.

True,a jack of all trades....... and,as such,a vital member of any squad.

If he is happy to take that role,with limited game time,then we should keep him,i'm not sure he doesn't have more ambition though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.