James Milner

BlueGun said:
GStar said:
BlueGun said:
That would be Jack Wilshere.

That would be a ridiculous opinion.

So which England midfielder is better than a fully fit Wilshere?

The ginger hair princk. The best midfielder ever produced by England ;)
The OT Trundler who once didn't want to play for the scums and country beccause he wasn't selected.
The senile fool Fergie (minding Tevez) needs to be reminded that Rooney even stood him up! Talking about Tevez? By not able to re-signing ('sign him up' chanted by the legion of rags) him :)

Coming back to the topic. Why is Milner left out of the lineup? Most of us can't see the rhyme or reason. Only Mancini (and management) knows.

AJ & NDJ have been given starts and should be dropped for their shortcomings or ineffectiveness.

NDJ & Barry does not complement each other!
IMO Milner playing with Barry is an effective pair with the 'synergy' .

BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
He is that guy though, you get asked to pick an XI and one way or the other he doesn't turn up in it.

Personally I think Barry's done and Milner should be blooded in his position.

I think he'd get in most people's "away" XI at the expense of one of Sami or David depending on who's more out of form. As I said earlier in the thread, horses for courses in the same way Nani/Valencia/Young are rotated at the rags.

I agree that long term I see him as Barry's replacement, with the added bonus of him being much more capable of playing box to box. I think the reason he's struggled to cement a place in centre mid is because he isn't as good as Barry at playing the role of the deepest lying central midfield player in Mancini's system, and he isn't as good as Yaya at playing box to box (but then who in the world is right now).
This. When Milner and Yaya play together they restrict each other. Both want to play box to box. We could play Yaya further and have Baryy and Milner together.

MCFC4EVR said:
BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
He is that guy though, you get asked to pick an XI and one way or the other he doesn't turn up in it.

Personally I think Barry's done and Milner should be blooded in his position.

I think he'd get in most people's "away" XI at the expense of one of Sami or David depending on who's more out of form. As I said earlier in the thread, horses for courses in the same way Nani/Valencia/Young are rotated at the rags.

I agree that long term I see him as Barry's replacement, with the added bonus of him being much more capable of playing box to box. I think the reason he's struggled to cement a place in centre mid is because he isn't as good as Barry at playing the role of the deepest lying central midfield player in Mancini's system, and he isn't as good as Yaya at playing box to box (but then who in the world is right now).
This when Milner and Yaya play together they restrict each other. Both want to play box to box. We could play Yaya further and have Baryy and Milner together.

What Barry & Milner lack individually they made it up thro' their combination in more ways than one. That's why they are an effective Midfield pair.

Yes Yaya & Milner were in each other way but lately it can be seen that they have found their roles when both are on the field.

To wit going upfront Milner 'ply very well' on the right flank with our Merlin (goals and assists too boot).
Milner also backtracks well with his grit, determination and stamina.

He can displace our 'one trick pony and our midfield human pylon'.

He is a better fit for our attacking flair of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.