James Milner

Milner's more than graft... he instills a fighting spirit that we sometimes lack.
He's not the fastest in the world, but he's reasonably quick... certainly compared with Garcia or Barry, and Yaya for that matter (who isn't as quick as many think, but it's the power he has that makes it look so).

The other thing Milner gives, which very few see as a positive... is consistency. He's a 7.5/10 player, but it's consistent. A manager knows what he's going to get.

Balo (for instance) CAN be a 9/10 player, but if that's only for 1 game in 10, and the other 9 games are 5/10 performances, then that's not a great return.

Finally, his attitude is good. I've not seen him moan, or grumble, which many might dismiss as unimportant, but without such players, you create more space for morons in a team. Every team needs a Milner, and we're no exception.

I agree with others who say he's more then just a work horse!!

Little bit's of quality people undermine what he can do such as his long rage passing can be spot on as can his shooting, the problem so far is that he never gets a consistent amount of games so when he does play he feels as though he has more to prove as 1 bad game could mean he has to wait 10-15 games later to impress again whilst players like Yaya and Barry can have 5 shit games and still play the week after!!

I like Milner and it pisses me off when England fans use him as a scape goat every time they play shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.