James Milner

nehe11 said:
dctid said:
Citizenhill said:
I hope his sending off won't hinder his involvement in the middle, so influential in the Premier League, Kompany's mistake left him little choice really. In the end, we won the game.

I kow what you mean but i really cant see it - it was not his making and had he not made the tackle and they scored then we would not have got the 3 points

You don´t know that!

Ok no i dont but they way it all worked out i am more than happy with that

Lots of ifs and but would Clattenbery have been more likely to red card Ballo had Milner not been sent off who the fuck knows

The point i was making was that i dont think his sending off will effect his selection one way or another mid week nor should it the error was not his that created that position

Like the City crowd rightly chanted when the loudspeaker announced Kolarov as Man of the Match against Sunderland the other week..."There's only one Jamie Milner, one Jamie Milner...". He was immense that day too.

Prior to being sent off he sent a sweeping pass from the right midfield to I think Ballotelli on the left. It reminded me of a pass that he did to AJ last season when AJ then sent it back to the centre and then Jimmy scored one of the goals of the season. Might have been against Villa at home. I can't quite recall the opponent.

Anyway I have no doubt the he will be a critical part of the midfield from now on, particularly because of his partnership with Gazbaz and Silva. I actually think Hodgson is wasting him in the England team by playing him so wide on the right.

Still can't make my mind up on him.

Most of the time he just looks like an honest, jack-of-all-trades master of none type, but occasionally he'll produce real moments of quality - like that effortless 40 yard cross field pass on Saturday before his subsequent red card.

as well as the guy being a class act as far as professionalism is concerned, did you see how when sent off on saturday he did not argue and walked. Many would pointlessly argue , but not james, he respects officials...

he will in his own mind how to get over the sending off, im also going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that had he not brought the player down he would have scored...

james even has a crystal bowl !!

ctid

I love Mancini but find it scandalous how he has treated Milner. Give him a run of games in the middle and he will show us what a brilliant player he is. Because of his style of play his technical ability is so underrated. One of the best passers in the team and he'd definitely get my pick ahead of Garcia.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 pm --<br /><br />
1dart said:
cleavers said:
Freestyler said:
James Milner will become the next Gareth Barry, but slightly better at tackling and a bit quicker ;)
No need to replace Barry yet though, great game yesterday from what I saw.

Good squad player but will never be as good as Barry

Bollocks, he's a different player to Barry. He's much better at doing what he does than Barry.

sboroMCFC said:
I love Mancini but find it scandalous how he has treated Milner. Give him a run of games in the middle and he will show us what a brilliant player he is. Because of his style of play his technical ability is so underrated. One of the best passers in the team and he'd definitely get my pick ahead of Garcia.

Milner will get his chance. There are a lot of games to be played this season and one player can't play all of them for the whole season.

sboroMCFC said:
I love Mancini but find it scandalous how he has treated Milner. Give him a run of games in the middle and he will show us what a brilliant player he is. Because of his style of play his technical ability is so underrated. One of the best passers in the team and he'd definitely get my pick ahead of Garcia.

-- Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 pm --

1dart said:
cleavers said:
No need to replace Barry yet though, great game yesterday from what I saw.

Good squad player but will never be as good as Barry

Bollocks, he's a different player to Barry. He's much better at doing what he does than Barry.

No where near the intelligence of Barry. Good player to have though dont get me wrong, can fill in in numerous positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.