James Milner

Caveman said:
I'm friends with a few Villa fans. Some I went to uni with a few and one I used to work with. All of them say "why the hell doesn't Milner play centre mid for City?". He won Young Player Of The Season for Villa playing centre mid, his very best performances for City has been in centre mid, he's got all the attributes of a centre mid (hard work, box-to-box, tackling, passing, shooting...) yet he's played out of position for us and England.

Spurs at home last season was his best game in a City shirt, for me; centre mid, marked Modric completely out of the game, best player on the pitch that day.

I'm a really big Milner fan. He's arguably my favourite City player. I'd just love to see him get a run in centre mid.
He can't partner Yaya or Barry in 2-man midfield. The midfield wouldn't hold. And he seems to be more comfortable finding his feet playing in the wings in our team.

milner plays at his best when he plays as a midfielder. for the next season i want to see milner-yaya in the middle and it will be much more better than barry-yaya from 11/12 season i think. he has everything what every defensive midfielder needs. enough physical power, passing and tackling ability, can be quick and skillful during attacks. i can't understand why mancini willn't put milner there in the next season.
barry was at his best in 11/12 but his lack of passing and attackin abilities sometimes was a problem for us, i see milner as an upgrade for barry and playing on that position for 4-5 years at his best :)

Akira said:
Caveman said:
I'm friends with a few Villa fans. Some I went to uni with a few and one I used to work with. All of them say "why the hell doesn't Milner play centre mid for City?". He won Young Player Of The Season for Villa playing centre mid, his very best performances for City has been in centre mid, he's got all the attributes of a centre mid (hard work, box-to-box, tackling, passing, shooting...) yet he's played out of position for us and England.

Spurs at home last season was his best game in a City shirt, for me; centre mid, marked Modric completely out of the game, best player on the pitch that day.

I'm a really big Milner fan. He's arguably my favourite City player. I'd just love to see him get a run in centre mid.
He can't partner Yaya or Barry in 2-man midfield. The midfield wouldn't hold. And he seems to be more comfortable finding his feet playing in the wings in our team.
Oddly he's played well when paired with Garcia centrally when we've switched him there. Well, perhaps it isn't odd and simply that combo clicks.

Evertons main threat this season has been down their left hand side.Just remember that Baines is one of the the best left full backs in the game and this was one of the main factors that Jimmy couldn`t get forward enough,having to help Zaba out to thwart the crosses.
Not his best game to say the least,but at times there are factors which you have to take into account.Today was one of them.

oakiecokie said:
Evertons main threat this season has been down their left hand side.Just remember that Baines is one of the the best left full backs in the game and this was one of the main factors that Jimmy couldn`t get forward enough,having to help Zaba out to thwart the crosses.
Not his best game to say the least,but at times there are factors which you have to take into account.Today was one of them.

Excuses Oakie...he was abysmal.

I've not been a huge fan of Baines but I thought he played great today and gave nothing away to Milner. He's also very good going forward which put Milner on the back foot for most of the game. And lets be honest, nobody played well today and Milner has been good for us recently so lets not get too carried away with the insults of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.