James Milner

Milner has 18 months left on his contract in January and unless he is willing to take a pay cut and accept being a squad player then I can't see him being here past the summer.

I can see us once again losing loads of money on him as well as many of the others who have little time left.

Nasri and Dzeko will be the other two where big losses will be made in my opinion.

I'd play Milner on Sunday for Navas, to give us more solidity and aggression against Chelsea's midfield.

Milner is criminally underrated. Just cause he doesn't have bags of tricks or blinding pace doesn't mean he is a poor winger, or shouldn't play. I think at times he can offer more than Navas does there to be honest. I think he is a dangerous wide man in the sense he will get in behind and can cross with both feet. It's unlucky for him because I think if he played in central midfield, he would flourish. He has everything you need to play there. He has an engine to get up and down, not afraid to get stuck in, good range of passing and he has a shot on him. We bought him after his best year at Villa in which he played in the middle, why we changed him I don't know. But even wide, he can still prove to be a threat. The 6-1 is an example of that, and also he had a solid stint out wide last year when Mancini sacked Nasri off. When Milner plays, granted you don't think he is going to dazzle and run defenders ragged, but when the game kicks off, I'm always pleasantly surprised. Good player to have at the club, and I think he's a good shout to start at Chelsea.

Blue Elmo said:
Milner is criminally underrated. Just cause he doesn't have bags of tricks or blinding pace doesn't mean he is a poor winger, or shouldn't play. I think at times he can offer more than Navas does there to be honest. I think he is a dangerous wide man in the sense he will get in behind and can cross with both feet. It's unlucky for him because I think if he played in central midfield, he would flourish. He has everything you need to play there. He has an engine to get up and down, not afraid to get stuck in, good range of passing and he has a shot on him. We bought him after his best year at Villa in which he played in the middle, why we changed him I don't know. But even wide, he can still prove to be a threat. The 6-1 is an example of that, and also he had a solid stint out wide last year when Mancini sacked Nasri off. When Milner plays, granted you don't think he is going to dazzle and run defenders ragged, but when the game kicks off, I'm always pleasantly surprised. Good player to have at the club, and I think he's a good shout to start at Chelsea.

This all day long.

And twice on Sundays!

Yeah, love James. I was at Westham and I few around me shouted their dissent at him coming on but he was quite superb. Except for one fumble, he'd only been on a minute, he created havoc and opportunities for others to score.
In fact, he was the one who rallied us when he came on V Bayern and made a few things happen with his enthusiasm and determination. And when Yaya was, quite frankly, hiding.

Vienna_70 said:
Blue Elmo said:

This all day long.

And twice on Sundays!

I also agree with all of the above. If we were to swap Milner for Navas and play a more 4 3 3 formation it would allow us to control the game more. The Pelle is not for turning though with regards to our formation, and I fear we are going to be on the end of another few hidings before the season is out because of this.

May I also add that Milner is a top professional and will not woman and whine if he is warming the subs bench. He also sets the standard at training and is an invaluable member of our squad for these reasons. I think if we offer him a fair contract and don't take the piss with him, then he will be willing to stay. I for one hope he does.

Vienna_70 said:
Blue Elmo said:

This all day long.

And twice on Sundays!

^ This

BoyBlue_1985 said:
As much as anyone Milner suffered the hit good form and then inexplicably be dropped by Mancini group, this included our RB's and Dzeko.

For some unknown reason he became a regular sub for ages right after this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2011/december/milner-is-player-of-the-month" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/20 ... -the-month</a>

There was quite a bit of puzzlement at the time as that was and probably still is the best Milner has ever looked for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.