James Milner

I keep on saying this "He is a fantastic player always works his socks off and never gets the credit he deserves" Love this guy's work ethic.

unexpected item said:
The new Nijinsky ;-)

The racehorse or the ballet dancer ??<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:00 pm --<br /><br />
Rammyblues said:
If he and Barry play against the rags we win.

Barry had never won against the rags til he joined city..

now he cant stop :)

I rate James Milner highly. Not everyone's cup of tea but most teams need a James Milner in my opinion. Shook his hand on the pitch after we beat QPR to win the league. Ended up in a picture on Stand Up For The Week as well. Lol. (not with Milner though)

Great player good defending great stamina just not good enough at crossing finds 1 or 2 crosses a game but the rest hit the first man

The Peter Siddle of football. Makes the absolute most of his somewhat limited ability.

samharris said:
unexpected item said:
The new Nijinsky ;-)

The racehorse or the ballet dancer ??

It was the nickname given by Malcolm Allison to a certain City midfielder because of his phenomenal stamina....Oh, it was the racehorse btw.

willy eckerslike said:
I had him as player of the season last year. Always puts in a full shift and as an Englishman, has a harder job to keep his place over the expensive foreigners the manager has to play to justify buying them or avoid bruising egos.

Doesn't get as many crosses in as I would like, but when he does they can be wicked.
Or it could just be that those expensive foreigners are better. Call me silly, but I'd take Yaya Toure, David Silva, Fernandihno, Navas, Jovetic and Nasri on their day over Milner. They are simply better footballers.

Playing them ahead of Milner is not justifying egos, it is being smart.

Milner will get his fair share of games for being hardworking, dedicated, and a pro's pro. But he simply is not as talented as the aforementioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.