James Milner

Munich away, Manure 1-6 Jimmy played a big part.

Away from home he should always be ahead of Navas!

Interesting stat:

he started only 8 league games for us out of 32 this season and won only 3 of those. Small sample but Pelle can have a feeling that when he started him we mostly didnt win. Of course it could be complete coicidence and nothing to do with Milner we lost those games not like he cost us those games, but an interesting stat.

Came on from the bench 17 times, so was playing in 25 games out 32. but mostly from the bench. Given the fact we used two strikers big part of the season, it was 4 players for 2 position, Silva, Nasri, Navas, Milner, and in this line he is 4th choice. While silva is never on bench when he is fit basically. But still Milner and Silva together seems to have more magic than any other duo of these 4 players.

To be honest in Milners place I wouldnt be optimistic about his playing time would improve a lot next season. Unless there are big injuries.

kippaxblue76 said:
cookster said:
Munich away, Manure 1-6 Jimmy played a big part.

Away from home he should always be ahead of Navas![/quote]

Spot on, especially against the bigger teams, very underestimated player.

I would personally think Navas and Milner would make us more solid in tight games ... Navas works extremely hard when we don't have the ball, I have no problem with him on the right and Milner on the left in games where we may not dominate possession

I will make this hypothetical assertion: If Milner , like Yaya, Silva, Kompany was considered as an automatic first team player as perhaps he should be, and started as many games as the aforementioned players, we will be in a better position than we are at the moment. I am certain about that.

Unfortunately the manager tends to favour the latin players....and Nasri and has not given Milner as much opportunity as he should have.

Let me tell you something. James Milner has improved immensely over the past 2 years and is now a top class player, better than Navas and I will start him over Nasri as well because not only does he offer more than Nasri in terms of work rate, versatility, he also has a strong constitution and will never bail out on the team.

Look at the FA cup against Chelsea, the Champions league against Bayern even at the Nou camp, Milner was stand out in all those games.

Underrated and undervalued.

So Pellegrini should get him in there for the rest of the games this season as one of the important players in the squad, even captain material and he is certainly a player that will be important for the future years as long as the manager can see it.,

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Wonder if we will keep him. I'm not so sure.

I rate him bit one year left on contract so could be another casualty of the summer clearout.

Agree with you about Nasri (even tho I like him) but i hope to God we keep hold of Milner

He would be in my team every week based on the squad we currently have, certainly before Navas

I think we would be daft not to offer him a new deal especially given the fact that he is English and fills part of a quota

Like ive said before, i think every club in England would love to have him in their squad

Blueband Brother said:
I will make this hypothetical assertion: If Milner , like Yaya, Silva, Kompany was considered as an automatic first team player as perhaps he should be, and started as many games as the aforementioned players, we will be in a better position than we are at the moment. I am certain about that.

Unfortunately the manager tends to favour the latin players....and Nasri and has not given Milner as much opportunity as he should have.

Let me tell you something. James Milner has improved immensely over the past 2 years and is now a top class player, better than Navas and I will start him over Nasri as well because not only does he offer more than Nasri in terms of work rate, versatility, he also has a strong constitution and will never bail out on the team.

Look at the FA cup against Chelsea, the Champions league against Bayern even at the Nou camp, Milner was stand out in all those games.

Underrated and undervalued.

So Pellegrini should get him in there for the rest of the games this season as one of the important players in the squad, even captain material and he is certainly a player that will be important for the future years as long as the manager can see it.,
That's true. Also when United were good be was a stand-out player in both Old Trafford derby wins.

For me, 8 starts from 32 games is criminally under using a very very good player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.