James Milner

Milner being able to speak Spanish no doubt has helped, he will be alot closer to Silva, Navas and so on then many of the other lads I reckon.

We all know the players are in their groups anyway but Milner can flirt between the english lads and the spaniards.

shaiomarali said:
There were previous threads here on which City player would you miss the most, and I posted Milner.

A good shout for the captain armband if need be. He plays himself to the ground and has the grit of Zab.

An undervalued player yet hardly makes any noise. Seems content with his role and knows exactly his purpose on the field.

I like Milner considerably because he's a versatile and hard working player with a fantastic attitude but I'd miss Silva, Aguero, Yaya Toure, Kompany, Zabaleta and Hart more. That's half a team.

peoffrey said:
shaiomarali said:
There were previous threads here on which City player would you miss the most, and I posted Milner.

A good shout for the captain armband if need be. He plays himself to the ground and has the grit of Zab.

An undervalued player yet hardly makes any noise. Seems content with his role and knows exactly his purpose on the field.

I like Milner considerably because he's a versatile and hard working player with a fantastic attitude but I'd miss Silva, Aguero, Yaya Toure, Kompany, Zabaleta and Hart more. That's half a team.

I dont think he gets the credit he should - hes not just hard working and versatile - he's a clever footballer and has bags of talent .

chestervegasblue said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Blueband Brother said:
I will make this hypothetical assertion: If Milner , like Yaya, Silva, Kompany was considered as an automatic first team player as perhaps he should be, and started as many games as the aforementioned players, we will be in a better position than we are at the moment. I am certain about that.

Unfortunately the manager tends to favour the latin players....and Nasri and has not given Milner as much opportunity as he should have.

Let me tell you something. James Milner has improved immensely over the past 2 years and is now a top class player, better than Navas and I will start him over Nasri as well because not only does he offer more than Nasri in terms of work rate, versatility, he also has a strong constitution and will never bail out on the team.

Look at the FA cup against Chelsea, the Champions league against Bayern even at the Nou camp, Milner was stand out in all those games.

Underrated and undervalued.

So Pellegrini should get him in there for the rest of the games this season as one of the important players in the squad, even captain material and he is certainly a player that will be important for the future years as long as the manager can see it.,
That's true. Also when United were good be was a stand-out player in both Old Trafford derby wins.

For me, 8 starts from 32 games is criminally under using a very very good player.

+1.

+1

skybluepete said:
peoffrey said:

I dont think he gets the credit he should - hes not just hard working and versatile - he's a clever footballer and has bags of talent .

He's not exactly *throws up* Paul Scholes *rinses mouth out*, Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard. Milner isn't even the best midfielder at the club. Leeds, Newcastle and then Villa is an average career and he's never staked a claim for a regular starting spot at City under Mancini or Pellegrini. He's also never been an out and out regular for England. I like him and I think he's a good squad player to have. That's it.

lastmanback said:
I like milner but nasri navas are both Technically better,
so would be easier to get them to track back than to improve milner's technical ability . IMO.
Ah right, kick and run merchant navas is better technically. Interesting.
IMO milner is a far superior player overall and deserves far more game time.

CTID101 said:
Milner being able to speak Spanish no doubt has helped, he will be alot closer to Silva, Navas and so on then many of the other lads I reckon.

We all know the players are in their groups anyway but Milner can flirt between the english lads and the Spaniards.
They won't be bored on away trips if that kind of hanky panky is going on anyway....

He has to come in for Navas tonight not just because he changed the game at Anfield, He needs to come in tonight to show Navas will be dropped if he has a shite game , it's the only way players improve and Pellegrini needs to be assertive and drop Navas and make him fight for his place back.

Zabbasbeard said:
chestervegasblue said:
KippaxCitizen said:
That's true. Also when United were good be was a stand-out player in both Old Trafford derby wins.

For me, 8 starts from 32 games is criminally under using a very very good player.

I'd agree that he's been underused - but the same is arguably true of all our 'back-up' players. It said something on the BBC website the other week about us having used fewer players this season than any other club. If that's right, and factoring in the additional games we've had in the various cup competitions, it's no real surprise that half the team looked they were running through treacle in the first half on Sunday.

Part of the problem - and it was exactly the same under Mancini, too - is the system. Milner isn't quite good enough to play in the centre of midfield as part of a two (neither are Garcia and Rodwell, really, not without a noticeable drop off in the quality of our game - hence why they only play when necessary - i.e. when Yaya or Fernandinho are injured). He's then battling it out with Nasri, Navas and Jovetic (given that Silva obviously has to play) for one of the more advanced midfield positions, and Pellegrini appears to prefer them as more attacking threats. Can't ever really see it changing.

sh249 said:

I'd agree that he's been underused - but the same is arguably true of all our 'back-up' players. It said something on the BBC website the other week about us having used fewer players this season than any other club. If that's right, and factoring in the additional games we've had in the various cup competitions, it's no real surprise that half the team looked they were running through treacle in the first half on Sunday.

Part of the problem - and it was exactly the same under Mancini, too - is the system. Milner isn't quite good enough to play in the centre of midfield as part of a two (neither are Garcia and Rodwell, really, not without a noticeable drop off in the quality of our game - hence why they only play when necessary - i.e. when Yaya or Fernandinho are injured). He's then battling it out with Nasri, Navas and Jovetic (given that Silva obviously has to play) for one of the more advanced midfield positions, and Pellegrini appears to prefer them as more attacking threats. Can't ever really see it changing.

We do seem to under rotate our central mid players. Yaya is rested so infrequently that I wonder if he has a clause in his contract guaranteeing him a starting spot in games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.