James Milner

Milner needs a pass master like Silva to play along side, not a dribbler like Nasri who always break rhythm of his run.

As I said on another thread he became a much better player when he wasn't playing than when he actually plays.

So he works hard, well guess what so do I and as do many many more.

I'm a Milner fan think he should play more but can't defend him last night - he had a stinker. He did nothing right and really should have come off.

Absolute dogshit! I'll be the first one to admit I was screaming for him to start this game after Sunday's performance. But when you turn in a display like we saw against Sunderland, who are rock bottom and don't look like winning a game recently, then you have to wonder.

He's gone from hero to villain in the space of 4 days, great as a sub against tired legs, but as a starter it's a no from me, wasted possession on too many occasions last night, instead of whipping a cross in, he was trying to best a player again and again, nice lad, but not a starter.

I find Milner to be a better impact sub than a starter,this is a few times he has started this season and had terrible games,any time people have ranted about how good he was happened when he came on as a sub

JamesA said:
Milner is just your typical brain-dead English footballer, he plays totally off instinct, very rarely will you see him play with real footballing intelligence, get his head up, spot a runner, see the bigger picture. It's why England are shit at international level, we breed brain-dead footballers like Milner.

Sometimes it will come off for him, especially when he's a sub against tired full backs, but generally it's all too predictable and there's just no plan B with him, he's such a one-dimensional player that if he finds a match in the full back, that's the end of game for him.
Stand out player in Munich and in Barcelona played out on the left wing, at Old Trafford against title challenging Rag sides under Ferguson a few times on the right wing, Spurs with Modrić and Bale in centre mid...considering he's not even a winger, he does very well when asked to play out of position for 95% of his career.

Shit last night, though.

tonea2003 said:
Bluekiwi said:
He had a poor game - but so did a few others

sorry mate head and shoulders above anyone else, i would have dragged him off at half time

I agree he should have been subbed but who would you have replaced him with? Jovetic, perhaps?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.