James Milner

Unfair to judge him solely on his performance against Sunderland.

Milner playing with Silva, making runs off David while he's in possession and exchanging passes intelligently, is a whole other animal to the Milner who is expected to fulfil the Navas role and beat a fullback to get an early cross in.

Milner still has a place in this squad.

GStar said:
BigOscar said:
We've averaged twice as many goals when he doesn't start and almost a point more per game, so I'm not sure he really has been underused

I don't think it's fair to presume that's down to Milner, those stats will also be skewed by our early season home goal-fests.
Not for a second do I hold Milner solely responsible for those stats, but it is hard to look at the teams performance in the majority of the games which he has started and make much of a case for the team being better for him being in it

grim up north said:
stonerblue said:
Shaelumstash said:
This is the most insightful post on the thread. My pal said exactly the sane thing to me during the game last night, and you're both absolutely bang on.

Who are these 'technically better players' then?

Is that a serious question?

Yes.
Leave out Merlin and Fern but any of the others you can have.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:54 am --<br /><br />
Chippy_boy said:
grim up north said:
stonerblue said:
Who are these 'technically better players' then?

Is that a serious question?

I laughed at that. I mean, who is NOT technically better? Lescott? Kolarov, possibly. /End of list.

I like Jimmie for his professionalism, commitment, workrate. He's a decent utility player who can be very good on his day. But he his a bit of a donkey tbf.

And he had an absolute stinker on Sunday. Truly truly awful. Shockingly awful.

OK chippy boy, describe what constitutes 'technically better' then name a player.

grim up north said:
BlueAnorak said:
john@staustell said:
I was in the give-Milner-a-start camp up to weds. He was truly dreadful and maybe sometimes the manager knows best?

He was fecking better than way over half the rest of the team.
In hind sight I'd have played Milner & Garcia as the 2 DMs with Fern, Nasri and Navas as a 3.
Negrado & Aguero was like playing with 10 men - both are clearly not fully fit.
Then again Navas wasn't fully fit either so perhaps Jovetic.

No mate he was the worst out field player on the pitch

How about some stats to back up that outrageous claim?

BigOscar said:
GStar said:
BigOscar said:
We've averaged twice as many goals when he doesn't start and almost a point more per game, so I'm not sure he really has been underused

I don't think it's fair to presume that's down to Milner, those stats will also be skewed by our early season home goal-fests.
Not for a second do I hold Milner solely responsible for those stats, but it is hard to look at the teams performance in the majority of the games which he has started and make much of a case for the team being better for him being in it

He normally only gets to start when the teams completely knackered or hit with loads of injuries to key players.

lasereyes said:
grim up north said:
BlueAnorak said:
He was fecking better than way over half the rest of the team.
In hind sight I'd have played Milner & Garcia as the 2 DMs with Fern, Nasri and Navas as a 3.
Negrado & Aguero was like playing with 10 men - both are clearly not fully fit.
Then again Navas wasn't fully fit either so perhaps Jovetic.

Dont need stats.Anyone who was at the game will confirm it !!

oakiecokie said:
lasereyes said:
grim up north said:

Dont need stats.Anyone who was at the game will confirm it !!

Most of the team was terrible. To pick an obvious example - Milner worse than Hart who let in a goal 1-on-1 at his near post?

"Don't need stats" => I have my bias and don't bother with stats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.