James Milner

Bluewonder said:
Him and Silva is our most intelligent combination behind the front man/ men!

Silva is the most intelligent player in the league, Milner looks good alongside him because he makes runs in behind and Silva can pick the pass to find him. Take Silva out of the side and Milner doesn't look quite so intelligent, Wednesday against Sunderland being a good example. Dreadful.

Shaelumstash said:
Bluewonder said:

Silva is the most intelligent player in the league, Milner looks good alongside him because he makes runs in behind and Silva can pick the pass to find him. Take Silva out of the side and Milner doesn't look quite so intelligent, Wednesday against Sunderland being a good example. Dreadful.

Reminds me a little of the Ireland situation, for the season when he had Elano and Robinho pulling the strings he looked a different player and I was so glad when we got rid in the Milner deal ironically. When they left he looked ordinary. I would never think of selling James but he has to realise his own limitations. Great squad and team player.

Shaelumstash said:
Bluewonder said:

Top player when paired with Silva his running helps Silvas genius with the ball came on at Liverpool and turned the game in our favour,should have been brought on sooner for all the effect Navas was having he could have been stood next to me, not that the little short arse would have seen owt. Without Silva against Sunderland he was distinctly average personally I'd keep him at the club and on the plus always seems to have a good game at Old Trafford.

I was in the give-Milner-a-start camp up to weds. He was truly dreadful and maybe sometimes the manager knows best?

He's definitely a "keeper", unless he wants to leave for regular football. I've always said he's good at everything, but excellent at nothing. Good solid player but not good enough to start regularly in a top side.

john@staustell said:
I was in the give-Milner-a-start camp up to weds. He was truly dreadful and maybe sometimes the manager knows best?

He was fecking better than way over half the rest of the team.
In hind sight I'd have played Milner & Garcia as the 2 DMs with Fern, Nasri and Navas as a 3.
Negrado & Aguero was like playing with 10 men - both are clearly not fully fit.
Then again Navas wasn't fully fit either so perhaps Jovetic.

BlueAnorak said:
john@staustell said:

He was fecking better than way over half the rest of the team.
In hind sight I'd have played Milner & Garcia as the 2 DMs with Fern, Nasri and Navas as a 3.
Negrado & Aguero was like playing with 10 men - both are clearly not fully fit.
Then again Navas wasn't fully fit either so perhaps Jovetic.

No mate he was the worst out field player on the pitch

If he is happy with £50k a week then maybe keep as a squad player, if he wants more then get rid.

He cost the equivalent of £24m and no doubt at least £14m in last 4 years if not more in wages. Has he been value for money? I'm not convinced.

got only something like 11 prem starts

he is better than that had a couple of poor games but for me done well when selected.

A more intelligent manager would have have given him more game time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.