James Milner

TrueBlue1705 said:
Why is this lad not getting more starts? We knew Liverpool would be a whirlwind for the first 30 mins or so today and when we're NOT bossing the game Nasri is not necessarily the best player ... We could easily have started today with Milner and Navas on the flanks and brought Nasri on at half-time after we'd weathered the Liverpool storm ...

I do think Pellegrini has made some key errors in the big games ..... Milner was fantastic when he came on ....

Just think Pellegini does't rate English players. Sent out Gaz Baz on loan when he could do as good if not better than Garcia. don't think Joe will be first choice next season. I love Milner and hardly ever has a bad game, would hate to see him go

Maf said:
We always seem to call on Millner when were in all sorts of trouble , and he has a great game every time , the big games really bring something out in him , and he steps up to another level . Then he seems to get a run of games against lesser opposition and not have anything like the same impact . Having said all that I like Millner and really wish we'd of started with him today instead of either Navas or Nasri . With him on the pitch from kickoff I don't believe we would of been two goals down at half time .

When did Jimmy Milner last get "a number of games" under Pellegreni?

bowieboots said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Why is this lad not getting more starts? We knew Liverpool would be a whirlwind for the first 30 mins or so today and when we're NOT bossing the game Nasri is not necessarily the best player ... We could easily have started today with Milner and Navas on the flanks and brought Nasri on at half-time after we'd weathered the Liverpool storm ...

I do think Pellegrini has made some key errors in the big games ..... Milner was fantastic when he came on ....

Just think Pellegini does't rate English players. Sent out Gaz Baz on loan when he could do as good if not better than Garcia. don't think Joe will be first choice next season. I love Milner and hardly ever has a bad game, would hate to see him go

Barry's on big wages which the club wanted to get off the books for this season, plus Garcia can cover at centre-back, so that decision probably wasn't to do with Barry's nationality.

ChicagoBlue said:
callumcity said:
You could play with Sam and Milner though, take navas out if he's playing with 5 midfielders, Sam left, jimmy right and silva in the hole.

Our strongest set-up, IMHO.

However, if we are going to attack teams, the problem we have is too many "hole" players. Aguero needs to learn to be one IF we are going to play with a main big striker like Negredo or Dzeko, and Nasri and Silva both favor the role, as does Yaya!!

However, Sergio is not built for it! He is built for speed and playing on the last defender, as he showed today in turning Skrtel, but how do you play everyone with the abundance of midfield talent we have?

Yeah I think whenever sergio plays, it has to be with another striker, so silva is always pushed to the left. And toure adopts a bit more of a defensive role. But it's worth it, just to have aguero playing.

Still find it bizarre he didnt start against liverpool and Arsenal. You look at our best away performances over the past three years and they usually include Milner.

6-1 at old trafford
2-1 at old trafford
3-2 in Munich
2-0 at the emirates

FromPollockToSilva said:
bowieboots said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

Barry's on big wages which the club wanted to get off the books for this season, plus Garcia can cover at centre-back, so that decision probably wasn't to do with Barry's nationality.

There is no valid footballing reason to chose Garcia over Barry, it is obvious based on nationality. he's also selected Garcia at centreback ahead of Lescott this season. There is an agenda to colonise the club, it's glaringly obvious. Permanent staff throughout the club have also been offered free Spanish lessons.

A... said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
bowieboots said:

There is no valid footballing reason to chose Garcia over Barry, it is obvious based on nationality. he's also selected Garcia at centreback ahead of Lescott this season. There is an agenda to colonise the club, it's glaringly obvious. Permanent staff throughout the club have also been offered free Spanish lessons.

Go away

A... said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
bowieboots said:

I presented the valid reasoning for you, and you have chosen to ignore it, much like I will be choosing to ignore your posts from now on.

bowieboots said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

That's one thing that's not sat well with me all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.