James Milner

sir peace frog said:
City Glory While Others Fade said:
sir peace frog said:
lets put it another way,imagine i played for leeds who are in the position we are in at the moment,,but my club has always been city who are in the position leeds are in.

my contract with leeds is nearing the end,i would take the free transfer with the huge signing on fee,play for another club,then run that contract down and join city on a free.

I get to secure my families future,and I get to finish my career at city.

jimmy is a leeds lad,and if I was in his position I would run the contract down,and take the mega money,who wouldn't ?

You forget James has been on mega money curtesy of City for the last 4 years. Having played for Leeds, Newcastle and aston villa his salary went from £10k per month to £80k when he signed for us. He wouldn't have been on anything like that at any other club and wouldn't have won as much silverware or played so much for England. Everything he has is thanks to City, Forgive me but if he doesn't sign I'll consider it an act of treason whatever the reason and consider him to be an ungrateful bastard!!!

I know hes on mega money compared to the normal man but at the end of the day its his job,and like all of us would jump for the money at the drop of a hat.

he seems like a top pro,he never causes problems,and im pretty sure hes a straight up lad,and if he goes then he goes with my thanks,however,hes not a city fan,hes a pro and he will want to earn what he can when he can,as for treason,no he hasn't betrayed us,hes served us well.

With regards the money thing he's been earning more money at City than any other club would have paid him, he has earnt £16 mill in his 4 years with us as oppose to £2 mill had he stayed with Villa.

I agree 100% with your comments he's been a top pro and that's why the club and fans want to see him stay. It's his right not to sign but he should be straight with the club when offered a new contract. If he goes on to sign with Leeds I could understand that. He won't be guaranteed playing time with any club so at the moment it looks like his motives are money driven which he should just come out and say "I've no intention of extending my contract" To string the club on with lame excuses is disrespectful.

dachoosen1 said:
If Milner walks away from the club for free it will be disrespecting us at 28 I cant see him moving to go to his childhood club he will be moving for money, Im a fan of him but there are a number of footballers who sign extensions knowing they will be sold and it would be the least Milner could do after we paid a small fortune for him on top of that his wages and his medals. Im a big fan of Milner but he is kinda putting the club over a barrel, he will only sign a new deal if he is playing more but what happens when Nasri is back and he still hasn't signed? Does Manny let Milner contract situation dictate his selection? For the record I would start Milner in 80% of the games his work rate is incredible. If he doesn't sign by the end of November we should be looking to move him on in January, we cant afford to lose him for nothing in summer with FFP. I think and hope he will sign.

And what reasons did he move to City for?

The hypocrisy in this thread is staggering...

Some really bizarre comments on the last 2 pages. What has Jimmy done wrong in your eyes? He's not lied once and put his cards on the table very early.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Some really bizarre comments on the last 2 pages. What has Jimmy done wrong in your eyes? He's not lied once and put his cards on the table very early.
Nah he's a treacherous money grabbing scumbag.

aguero93:20 said:

Bit like Gaz Baz when he signed for us and not the Dippers.Mind you had he gone there he`d have won ... erm ... fuck all I suppose.

oakiecokie said:
I smile like fuck when I read some of the hypocrisy written on this thread.The old adage "let him who caste the first stone ..."
How many of you fuckers have left one company to join another,because the previous company were "paying shit wages " ???

Milner's has earnt £16million with City as oppose to £2 million had he stayed at Villa. I wish I was on shit money like James!! That's not the point though is, I always had James as a standup guy, seems like he's just stringing the club along with a lame excuse. By the way I'm sure the contract offer was an improvement on his current £80k per week deal, as with Kompany, Aguero, Nasri, Dzeko, Kolarov . If he wants to leave no problem, just be fuckin honest about it.

sir peace frog said:
You forget James has been on mega money curtesy of City for the last 4 years. Having played for Leeds, Newcastle and aston villa his salary went from £10k per month to £80k when he signed for us. He wouldn't have been on anything like that at any other club and wouldn't have won as much silverware or played so much for England. Everything he has is thanks to City, Forgive me but if he doesn't sign I'll consider it an act of treason whatever the reason and consider him to be an ungrateful bastard!!!

I know hes on mega money compared to the normal man but at the end of the day its his job,and like all of us would jump for the money at the drop of a hat.

he seems like a top pro,he never causes problems,and im pretty sure hes a straight up lad,and if he goes then he goes with my thanks,however,hes not a city fan,hes a pro and he will want to earn what he can when he can,as for treason,no he hasn't betrayed us,hes served us well.

With regards the money thing he's been earning more money at City than any other club would have paid him, he has earnt £16 mill in his 4 years with us as oppose to £2 mill had he stayed with Villa.

I agree 100% with your comments he's been a top pro and that's why the club and fans want to see him stay. It's his right not to sign but he should be straight with the club when offered a new contract. If he goes on to sign with Leeds I could understand that. He won't be guaranteed playing time with any club so at the moment it looks like his motives are money driven which he should just come out and say "I've no intention of extending my contract" To string the club on with lame excuses is disrespectful.

Only a Rag could post such bizarre crap.

oakiecokie said:

Bit like Gaz Baz when he signed for us and not the Dippers.Mind you had he gone there he`d have won ... erm ... fuck all I suppose.
I prefer the Distin example ;)

oakiecokie said:

I prefer the Distin example ;)

Or the Stevie Ireland one.Now which granny died ??

oakiecokie said:
sir peace frog said:

Only a Rag could post such bizarre crap.

Don't be a moron!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.