James Milner

BlueAnorak said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-milner-closing-new-city-7899549

James Milner closing in on new City deal
Oct 07, 2014 22:30 By James Robson
The England midfielder, whose current deal at Manchester City expires at the end of the season, has revealed negotiations are underway with the club over a new contract
James Milner is ready to commit his future to City after revealing negotiations over a new contract are underway.
The England midfielder’s current deal expires at the end of the season and City are keen to resolve his future before he becomes a free agent.
The 28-year-old has been frustrated by his lack of opportunities during his four years at the Etihad Stadium - but indicated that he is close to reaching an agreement.
Milner said: “We've been in talks with the club, we've talked about it and hopefully it can get sorted some time soon.”
It was understood that Milner was assessing his options before committing himself to another long-term deal.
He has too often found himself a fringe player behind the other superstar names in Manuel Pellegrini’s squad like Yaya Toure, David Silva, Samir Nasri and Fernandinho.
Last season he made only 12 starts in all competitions.
But he has enjoyed a better run so far this campaign, starting five of City’s last seven games - including the key matches with Arsenal and Chelsea.
He said: “I seem to go through phases in my City career where at times I've played a lot more and you enjoy it massively and there’s obviously no place you’d rather be. It’s an amazing club.
“Why would you want to leave?
“Then at other times it’s a bit more frustrating when you’re not playing as much it’s a bit more difficult.
“It’s a great club to be at. I've enjoyed every minute and still loving it now.
“I’m managing to play a lot of games right now and I’m loving it and hopefully that can continue.”

Milner has won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and the League Cup since his £26m move from Aston Villa in 2010.
And he is targeting more silverware under Pellegrini.
“I want to look back at the end of my career and say: ‘I've won this, achieved this,’” he said. “Hopefully I've got everything out of my career.”
Despite winning 50 England caps and being a key part in City’s success in recent years, Milner still doesn't get the wider recognition he deserves. But he insists his record at the Etihad is enough to answer his critics.
“People can write and say what they want,” he said.
“People will always have their opinion of you, but if it’s there in black and white, how many trophies you've won, then that’s all I can control.
“I've been at City - this is my fifth season - look at the trophies I've won.
“There’s not too many English players at City at this moment in time and to be there, to hold my own, I can’t be doing too badly.”

Direct Jimmy quotes highlighted. Shows him to be a total pro,

This.

I love him. Fantastic attitude and a great servant to this club, just like Lescott was.

James is a great pro and has an amazing dedication to his job. And I am a fan of his work rate and his honest direct style of play. But he is demanding more playing time or he moves for nothing, can't understand how so many city fans are backing him, it's the same with Joe, Manny picks the team in my opinion no one is guaranteed a starter. He need to sign a new deal and if he continues his current form he will keep his spot. Like all pros he is playing to make money, I'm a realist sagna didn't come here for his love of sky blue shirts. But to lose an important squad player in his prime for nothing is hard to accept.

Love his attitude, doesn't turn you off the game like some of the types who feel they're doing us a favour by playing for us.
I'd love a few more English/British players at the club too.
Barkley and Ramsey for starters, maybe Stone from Everton too.

dachoosen1 said:
James is a great pro and has an amazing dedication to his job. And I am a fan of his work rate and his honest direct style of play. But he is demanding more playing time or he moves for nothing, can't understand how so many city fans are backing him, it's the same with Joe, Manny picks the team in my opinion no one is guaranteed a starter. He need to sign a new deal and if he continues his current form he will keep his spot. Like all pros he is playing to make money, I'm a realist sagna didn't come here for his love of sky blue shirts. But to lose an important squad player in his prime for nothing is hard to accept.

It happens to all teams nowadays. Sagna left Arsenal in the summer for nothing; Vidic and camelgob did the same thing at the swamp, though admittedly, neither is still in their prime. And going back a few years, McPointalot left the mourners to go to Real Madrid on a free.

It's the footballing world we live in today and we have to accept that this is going to happen.

I am a big fan of Milner and I hope James signs a new contract. Certainly the signs are good if that MEN article is anything to go by.

But if he doesn't renew and decides his future lies elsewhere, then I will say thank you for all you contributed to the the Blue cause and wish him well, just as I did with Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
BlueAnorak said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-milner-closing-new-city-7899549

James Milner closing in on new City deal
Oct 07, 2014 22:30 By James Robson
The England midfielder, whose current deal at Manchester City expires at the end of the season, has revealed negotiations are underway with the club over a new contract
James Milner is ready to commit his future to City after revealing negotiations over a new contract are underway.
The England midfielder’s current deal expires at the end of the season and City are keen to resolve his future before he becomes a free agent.
The 28-year-old has been frustrated by his lack of opportunities during his four years at the Etihad Stadium - but indicated that he is close to reaching an agreement.
Milner said: “We've been in talks with the club, we've talked about it and hopefully it can get sorted some time soon.”
It was understood that Milner was assessing his options before committing himself to another long-term deal.
He has too often found himself a fringe player behind the other superstar names in Manuel Pellegrini’s squad like Yaya Toure, David Silva, Samir Nasri and Fernandinho.
Last season he made only 12 starts in all competitions.
But he has enjoyed a better run so far this campaign, starting five of City’s last seven games - including the key matches with Arsenal and Chelsea.
He said: “I seem to go through phases in my City career where at times I've played a lot more and you enjoy it massively and there’s obviously no place you’d rather be. It’s an amazing club.
“Why would you want to leave?
“Then at other times it’s a bit more frustrating when you’re not playing as much it’s a bit more difficult.
“It’s a great club to be at. I've enjoyed every minute and still loving it now.
“I’m managing to play a lot of games right now and I’m loving it and hopefully that can continue.”

Milner has won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and the League Cup since his £26m move from Aston Villa in 2010.
And he is targeting more silverware under Pellegrini.
“I want to look back at the end of my career and say: ‘I've won this, achieved this,’” he said. “Hopefully I've got everything out of my career.”
Despite winning 50 England caps and being a key part in City’s success in recent years, Milner still doesn't get the wider recognition he deserves. But he insists his record at the Etihad is enough to answer his critics.
“People can write and say what they want,” he said.
“People will always have their opinion of you, but if it’s there in black and white, how many trophies you've won, then that’s all I can control.
“I've been at City - this is my fifth season - look at the trophies I've won.
“There’s not too many English players at City at this moment in time and to be there, to hold my own, I can’t be doing too badly.”

Direct Jimmy quotes highlighted. Shows him to be a total pro,

This.

I love him. Fantastic attitude and a great servant to this club, just like Lescott was.
This and then some.

blue_paul said:
Love his attitude, doesn't turn you off the game like some of the types who feel they're doing us a favour by playing for us.
I'd love a few more English/British players at the club too.
Barkley and Ramsey for starters, maybe Stone from Everton too.

And everyone one of them currently crocked. Get those three and we'd need a few more treatment tables at the CFA! I'd still take Barkers though when he's healed!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.