James Milner

Think it's a bit out of order the flak Milner is getting on here. He did a good job for us, was Mr. Reliable.

He's moved on, so have we, nothing to get upset about.

I would suggest that is a wholly inaccurate claim. We as a collective, are nothing like Arsenal fans. Most ex Arsenal players are booed when they return to The Emirates, and in at least one instance, they chant racist shite about them.

As for Milner, I wouldn't begrudge him his move. Players are well within their rights to move when they feel it is financially advantageous to do so. What a strange moral code some people have to think this is wrong.

Quite. We picked up Sagna the same way. MIlner fulfilled his contract and didn't fancy playing a bit part role just to help us out with the HG rules. At his age you want to be a first team regular and with us he simply wasn't a guaranteed starter. Nout wrong with choosing to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

Think it's a bit out of order the flak Milner is getting on here. He did a good job for us, was Mr. Reliable.

He's moved on, so have we, nothing to get upset about.

Exactly how I feel.
Yes he ran his contract down, but he always put a shift in for us in whatever position he was deployed in. He was a god pro for us.

All in all I wish him well apart from whenever he turns out against us

He did a good enough job when here to be proud. That said he was a very limited player and I'm glad he's gone.

I also think he strung the club along - but that it between him and his employer. Fans that abuse past players for leaving are pathetic, e.g. Villa for Milner and Barry, Liverpool for Sterling, Everton for Lescott, Arsenal for Nasri and Adebayor ...all ridiculous.

Did we cry when Barton left us for Newcastle? :-)

He's a professional footballer, it is a job so he will go where he can get the best deal.

Signing on fee obviously was the key and he will always give 100% but not in the top bracket of players.

At least City fans don't spend ninety minutes booing him, unlike those pathetic scousers with Stirling.

Stopped thinking about him the minute he left. Appreciated him when he was here but wherever he stayed or went didn't concern me. I knew if he did go there would be better players being brought in to replace him.
It's only because of our horrific injury list it looks like we might miss him when the reality is we'd be looking at an unprecedented trophy haul if our key players had remained fit.

Sometimes I feel like we miss negredo, dzeko or jovetic, sometimes I wish we'd kept hold of Barry or Garcia, sometimes I wonder how nasti or savic would be developing or lopes, Huws or suarez.

Never do I think "if only we still had milner".

Not arsed that he ran his contract down or that he ensured he got a large signing on fee from the dippers, fair play to him for looking after himself and his family.

More disappointed he's turned into an absolute **** on the pitch, both games we've played against them this season he's been kicking the ball away at any opportunity and as for when should have kicked the ball back to Willy on Sunday but kicked it out for a goal kick.

Fuck him, ****!!

Too soft. All football supporters need to grow a pair and boo the lot of them when they come back. There's enough fans who boo the players that are still wearing blue without worrying about the ones who've fucked off. If a player turns up used to play for the rags, we boo them incessantly. One turns up who played for us, as a job, for money, and everyone politely claps them.
Same goes with players not celebrating when they score against their old club. It's all a load of bollocks. Watch Milner if he scores. He will be giving it large, I can tell you, and so he should. Dickov did it to us but no one thinks any less of what he did for the club. Sterling will be all sheepish if he scores and the dippers will be mortally wounded if he celebrates (like Adebayor and the Tarquins). The point of the game is to score. The point of being at home is for the crowd to make it difficult for the visitors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.