James Milner

you miss the point
Milner in comparison to his team mates = Lomas in comparison to his team mates

I never said Milner wasn't better than Lomas just a modern day version. not the player some on here make Milner out to be let alone this hero status he seems to have been granted by some.

and as a consequence of this no lost to the current City squad in fact quite the oposite

Had the misfortune of stumbling on Talksport on way home from work and was interested to hear Liverpool fans and Mickey Quinn suggesting Milner not good enough for Liverpool and will go in the Summer when Klopp has a clear out. Soon be back at Leeds or Villa. Enjoy the game time Jimmy.
Can't see anyone in their right mind paying Milner £150 thousand a week. They're stuck with him.

In what way was he a **** about it? Looking out for his own interests in his profession? He'd won what he came to win and probably realised he wouldn't be anywhere near the first team this season, and of course probably knew Pep was coming next. What's wrong with winding his contract down, lining his pockets and then bagging a move to another big club? Not many who can say they've played for clubs the size of City, Liverpool, Leeds, (at the time), Newcastle and Villa, with trophies won along the way and cup final appearances for a few of those clubs to boot.

Fair play to him.

We gave him the success and medals he craved, not to mention a fortune in wages.

He could and should have got us a transfer fee, no matter how small in return.

He acted like a ****, leaving us hanging on and out of pocket.

I hope he enjoyed his losers medal and left back slot on Sunday.

We gave him the success and medals he craved, not to mention a fortune in wages.

Each to their own. He owed us nothing in my eyes. Fulfilled his contract and sorted himself out after it ended. Happens all the time.

He didn't owe us anything as he worked hard and made a difference many times when he played for us. That'll do for me. With the TV money we really didn't need £12-16m for Milner. City surely don't care about that themselves as they settled for £4m for de Jong just after he was Holland's best player in the Euros and we could have got £12-16m for him too.

In many other sports the most common way to go about the transfer of players is by the player playing for the duration of his contract and then leaving at the end of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.