James Stannage and Umberto on Piccadilly Radio

Used to see Nolan alot, he used to hang around with quite a few of the City firm late 90s/early 2000s, had to throw him out Sawyers after he calleda United fan a Munich at the Sawyers in Derby Day, , sadly i think hes developed a drink problem past few years.

My James H experience was him with the Doc
An unlikely combination that worked.

When I came home from my GF’s house at night I would sit in my car listening to James thinking I’ll give it ten more minutes and he’d hook me in till 1AM every time.

Loved his humour and vocabulary and the fact he is a blue cemented my view that he is one of my all time favourite broadcasters.

I loved Stannage. But, jesus, he could start a row in an empty phone box. Consequently, people would call in and disagree with him. Stridentky! I suppose that's why he had that graveyard time slot; he wasn't really suitable for the breakfast slot, was he?

Was it Stannage who regularly played Jasper Carrott and Bob Williamson stuff?
My favourite was Carrott’s “Aston Villa Football Club Skinhead Supporters’ Song.”

“Villa, Villa, you are the team,
Villa, Villa, you are supreme,
And we’ll support you home and away,
Cos we’re the Villa skins OK,
With our combined IQ of maybe 3 or 4
You can hear us roar,
Give us a P
Give us an R
Give us an O
Give us a G
Give us an R
Give us as an A
Give us an M
Give us an M
Give us an E

What’s that spell?

VILLA!”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.