James Stannage and Umberto on Piccadilly Radio

He got the sack a few times but usually wormed his way back. There was an incident though where he was deemed to have gone too far.
A stolen car with four teenagers in it was being pursued at high speed from Salford but it crashed, into a tree I think and on Sheepfoot Lane, Prestwich where they all died. He started his show with that headlining it and he said what I thought was reasonable, that is to stop and hand over the keys and get a lift back to Salford. But right from the very first call he was getting slammed for his comments. A pub landlord came on, someone who knew them, to say they were top lads and if they were here to walk into his pub right now then he would give them a pint on the house. And it went on right through the night. One caller after another was taking the same line. What a strange world we are in I thought. I believe he got the sack for his night's work though whether that was his final dismissal I couldn't say.

I believe Stannage was a teacher at Egerton Park Denton at one point

Isn't he originally from Stoke or somewhere like that ??

someone who had phoned in, was that wound up he actually forced his way into the studio to confront Stannage. Umberto (of all people) apparently restained him until the plod arrived. Seem to remember he had training to do that, in his previous position as a nurse in a home for "difficult" displaced teenagers. A classic reverse wind-up was a Scottish bloke saying Scotland should pick Jaskaleinin (sp) . A brief pause before James H said they would not be allowed, he is Finnish. He's no finished he's only in his twenties... Was funny at the time....

someone who had phoned in, was that wound up he actually forced his way into the studio to confront Stannage. Umberto (of all people) apparently restained him until the plod arrived. Seem to remember he had training to do that, in his previous position as a nurse in a home for "difficult" displaced teenagers. A classic reverse wind-up was a Scottish bloke saying Scotland should pick Jaskaleinin (sp) . A brief pause before James H said they would not be allowed, he is Finnish. He's no finished he's only in his twenties... Was funny at the time....

That was Arthur ( own goal ) Albiston on talksport

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.