James Trafford | Signed by Burnley for £19m

The difference between the two might be their loyalty to the club. James signed at 12/13, Bazuna had already played first team in the Irish league when we signed him
Bazunu would have little loyalty, he's playing no 1 choice for another club.
Trafford is still ours.

No chance he is better than Ortega. Maybe loaned to a Championship club if Bolton fail getting promoted.

Savin v Trafford again for a Wembley final place - Semi 22nd Feb.

Point missed
Don't think so.
Trafford may want to play for us, may feel he has more loyalty and has been at the club for years but there is no guarantee he will even play one game for our senior team.
Bazunu has taken a different route.
He's played several international games and is now playing in the Premier league, although its with a team that are struggling at the bottom.

Loyalty to the club will not make one bit of difference.
Trafford would have to replace Ortega and that's not happening in the near future.

Don't think so.
Trafford may want to play for us, may feel he has more loyalty and has been at the club for years but there is no guarantee he will even play one game for our senior team.
Bazunu has taken a different route.
He's played several international games and is now playing in the Premier league, although its with a team that are struggling at the bottom.

Loyalty to the club will not make one bit of difference.
Trafford would have to replace Ortega and that's not happening in the near future.
As i said point missed,. None of your response has any relevance to my initial post. I was replying to a post comparing the two Bazuna wanted away Trafford doesn't. Fundamental difference.

The poster i responded to was specifically saying we moved Bazuna on after having a good spell in L1, why would Trafford be differential. The answer could quite well be because one's happy playing 2nd/3rd or 4th fiddle and the other isn't.

Last edited:
As i said point missed,. None of your response has any relevance to my initial post. I was replying to a post comparing the two Bazuna wanted away Trafford doesn't. Fundamental difference.

The poster i responded to was specifically saying we moved Bazuna on after having a good spell in L1, why would Trafford be differential. The answer could quite well be because one's happy playing 2nd/3rd or 4th fiddle and the other isn't.
I must be.
I can see no relevance to a player making it at our club, no matter how loyal he is.
Southampton came in with bids for of our players that was acceptable to the payers and both clubs.
If the keeper was Trafford that they wanted, he would have gone to Southampton.

I must be.
I can see no relevance to a player making it at our club, no matter how loyal he is.
Southampton came in with bids for of our players that was acceptable to the payers and both clubs.
If the keeper was Trafford that they wanted, he would have gone to Southampton.
Surely you see that a loyal player is less likely to look for a move and more likely to fight for a place in the squad?

Surely you see that a loyal player is less likely to look for a move and more likely to fight for a place in the squad?
Of course they.
Ultimately it is the club who decides who they want to retain or sell.
I don't think that Bazunu was knocking on Peps door demanding a move, just that a good opportunity came along. City will be pleased that they made a profit on a young player and have a buy back clause inserted.
Foden and Lewis are playing for us because they are top players, not because they used to sleep in City pyjamas.
Ederson looks like he will be no 1 keeper for the next few years.
If Trafford is ambitious and wants to be a Premier league first choice, he will either have to dislodge Ederson or move on.
If he does the latter, it has nothing to do with loyalty/disloyalty, just taking a better opportunity to further his career.

Bazunu would have little loyalty, he's playing no 1 choice for another club.
Trafford is still ours.
Apparently not anymore, according to out esteemed BBC. From their match report today

France came the closest before the break as Kouadio Kone forced Bolton Wanderers' James Trafford, on loan from Manchester United, into an excellent save to tip his effort from distance over the crossbar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.