James

Saw them at Kendal Calling last year. Easily the best band of the weekend, capped off the festival perfectly.

They were superb tonight, I got right to the front, Tim Booth is a wonderful front man. I think they're one of the most underrated band to come from Manchester. I've seen them a few times, but the gig at the Bridgewater Hall two years ago was out of this world.

20 years since I've since James.

Before that, we used to follow them all over the country, every other night.

Every song on the EP "Hymn From a Village" was a classic. Here's a taster.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_elw7FW6eg[/youtube]

I was there tonight and agree they were good. They could have been better though if they'd not spent a third of their set consumed with new or especially obscure material. I understand they're more than 'sit down' but I thought they over indulged tonight on occasion - others clearly did too by the fact that for large parts of the show the standing audience was still.

I want new James stuff: but at the MEN is not the place to try it all out.

Good gig, great in places. No 'tomorrow' or 'ring the bells'

J4FOW said:
I was there tonight and agree they were good. They could have been better though if they'd not spent a third of their set consumed with new or especially obscure material. I understand they're more than 'sit down' but I thought they over indulged tonight on occasion - others clearly did too by the fact that for large parts of the show the standing audience was still.

I was half tempted to tout a ticket but I'm glad I didn't reading that, especially now seeing the video above!

J4FOW said:

I saw them Thursday night in Brum and I'm pretty sure they played both those tracks and only one new one although to be fair Tim Booth did say that they changed the set most nights depending on how they felt. They've got such a huge back catalogue it must be difficult fitting it all in and they're still releasing new albums now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.