James

Saw them at G-mex with Radiohead supporting years ago, amazing band, Sometimes is one of my all time favorite songs.

Didn't do Born Of Frustration either, which was disappointing.

But the Bunnymen were brilliant, as ever. McCulloch greatest living Scouser, without doubt. Have to pick him up though, Killing Moon is NOT the greatest song ever written, it's great, but it's not even the greatest song HE'S ever written. That's Ocean Rain, and they didn't play it last night, Scouse tw*ts!

If you want to go to a gig and hear all the songs from your "best of" CD, James is not the band for you. This is a proper band with many, many strings to their bow. One of the great things about James, is that every time I see them (I reckon I've seen them about 30 times) they play a different set and throw in songs I wasn't expecting. On top of that, they experiment and jam a lot with the songs, so they sound different every time.

A proper band for proper music fans.

PS: Jim Glennie is a seriously hardcore blue, as well. There's a video of him being interviewed in the stands at Maine Road on the 'Getting Away With It' DVD.

J4FOW said:
I was there tonight and agree they were good. They could have been better though if they'd not spent a third of their set consumed with new or especially obscure material. I understand they're more than 'sit down' but I thought they over indulged tonight on occasion - others clearly did too by the fact that for large parts of the show the standing audience was still.

I want new James stuff: but at the MEN is not the place to try it all out.

Good gig, great in places. No 'tomorrow' or 'ring the bells'

I think you miss what James are all about if you just want a greatest hits show. Stutter was sensational.

Stuuuuuu said:
If you want to go to a gig and hear all the songs from your "best of" CD, James is not the band for you. This is a proper band with many, many strings to their bow. One of the great things about James, is that every time I see them (I reckon I've seen them about 30 times) they play a different set and throw in songs I wasn't expecting. On top of that, they experiment and jam a lot with the songs, so they sound different every time.

A proper band for proper music fans.

PS: Jim Glennie is a seriously hardcore blue, as well. There's a video of him being interviewed in the stands at Maine Road on the 'Getting Away With It' DVD.
indeed
i think they are underrated as to how good they actually are
album after album of quality songs and a back catalogue to rival some of the greats
live they are unpredictable but brilliant, always come out of one of their gigs with a smile on my face

Most boring James gig I have ever been to. Same as the New Order gig at The Apollo last year in that they have too many songs to choose from. To not play Born Of Frustration or How Was It For You was very poor.
Echo And The Bunnymen were fantastic as ever.

newtonheathdave said:
Most boring James gig I have ever been to. Same as the New Order gig at The Apollo last year in that they have too many songs to choose from. To not play Born Of Frustration or How Was It For You was very poor.

Eh?

Going to a gig to hear a greatest hits set is pretty dull.

I was at the second of three Beastie Boys gigs and this teenager claimed they never played their best track You've Gotta Fight for Your Right to Party. He also said he's only heard the album Licensed to Ill.

Danny Hoekman said:
newtonheathdave said:

Eh?

It was a boring James gig. Not really much atmosphere and everyone just stood there. Johnny Yen was good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.