Jamie Vardy

Not really. He is no spring chicken and if a club wants to throw stupid money at him for what would effectively be his last gig, he would be silly not to consider it
Maybe. I just think that in this situation he owes it to the fans to see the season through. It's also his best chance of a medal seeing we have no interest.

We'd all be pissed if Aguero decided to up sticks for Arsenal next week.

Maybe. I just think that in this situation he owes it to the fans to see the season through. It's also his best chance of a medal seeing we have no interest.

We'd all be pissed if Aguero decided to up sticks for Arsenal next week.

Aguero is a multi millionaire, I suspect Vardi would like to secure his future if the opportunity arose. I'm sure it wouldn't go down well with Leicester.

Aguero is a multi millionaire, I suspect Vardi would like to secure his future if the opportunity arose. I'm sure it wouldn't go down well with Leicester.

I'm not so sure, the 2 Leicester fans I know would bite the hand off anyone offering over £15m, they love what he has done, they acknowledge he works hard and has had a purple patch, but that would be far too much to turn down in their eyes, especially if it meant they could keep hold of Mahrez. They wouldnt begrudge Vardy a final pay day to whoever, plus are of the opinion he wouldnt be half as effective in a top side where he would get less space and need to be more technical rather than relying mainly on his pace, as he does now, Leicester play very much on the break, with little or no plan B, which is what they said last night.

I'm not so sure, the 2 Leicester fans I know would bite the hand off anyone offering over £15m, they love what he has done, they acknowledge he works hard and has had a purple patch, but that would be far too much to turn down in their eyes, especially if it meant they could keep hold of Mahrez. They wouldnt begrudge Vardy a final pay day to whoever, plus are of the opinion he wouldnt be half as effective in a top side where he would get less space and need to be more technical rather than relying mainly on his pace, as he does now, Leicester play very much on the break, with little or no plan B, which is what they said last night.

Then they are being silly. A top 4 league position and a European championship place is worth a lot more than 15 mill. If I were him I'd sign the new contract and see out the season. I wouldn't feel right about moving on now. I'd feel I owed the club and the fans that.

Then they are being silly. A top 4 league position and a European championship place is worth a lot more than 15 mill. If I were him I'd sign the new contract and see out the season. I wouldn't feel right about moving on now. I'd feel I owed the club and the fans that.

I said that to them, and it was a case of a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Vardy staying doesnt mean they will get into Europe, let alone Champions League. They fully expect to drop away in the new year, much like we did under Sven was their reference. As teams are working them out now referenced by them not scoring in their last 2 games, sit back and nullify their counter attacking as they are technically quite limited.

Also, if someone offered to double your wages, you wouldnt take it??

I said that to them, and it was a case of a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Vardy staying doesnt mean they will get into Europe, let alone Champions League. They fully expect to drop away in the new year, much like we did under Sven was their reference. As teams are working them out now referenced by them not scoring in their last 2 games, sit back and nullify their counter attacking as they are technically quite limited.

Also, if someone offered to double your wages, you wouldnt take it??
Leicester have offered him 80 grand a week. I'd take that and stay for the rest of the season. Not least because I wouldn't want to jeopardise my chances of being in the England squad this summer. Call me old fashioned but I'd feel I owed the club for the chance they gave me and not cut and run mid season.

Leicester have offered him 80 grand a week. I'd take that and stay for the rest of the season. Not least because I wouldn't want to jeopardise my chances of being in the England squad this summer. Call me old fashioned but I'd feel I owed the club for the chance they gave me and not cut and run mid season.

That is paper talk at the moment, nobody knows what he has been offered, but nobody at Leicester is on anything near that at the moment, their wage bill for the entire squad is £36,6m, putting Vardy on that much would inbalance the squad, £80k a week is over £4m, which is over 10% of their current wage bill.

What they were saying is all this was on the proviso of them being able to keep Mahrez through the next 2 windows as well as the fact they probably will do well to finish in the top 6 and at 29 with his contract as he is, he is now at the peak of his value, £20m according to some reports, should they not sell him now, they wont command that fee again. It was a very measured and considered response and as they know their club a lot more than I, I had to agree with them.

You maybe old fashioned but Vardy hasnt even been there 3 seasons, he's got one last chance at a big move, his career will be over in 3 or 4 years especially as he relies so much on workrate and pace, loyalty is a thing of the past, he's a Sheff Wed fan in anycase and needs to look after himself over everything else.

loyalty to my family,friends and Manchester city, if I played for Leicester I would take the money and say thanks but im offski , and yes if Manchester united came in for me I would snap their hand off, biggest club in the world you know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.