January 2019 window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting another DM would be extremely naive imo as it’s already proved a problem when Fernandinho was injured against palace? Can’t keep putting players there that can do a job if required!

Yes it’s clear for all to see that cover at DM is probably a priority just so that Fernandinho doesn’t have to play every minute of every game. However, the player must have the right attributes, the right character, be available at the right price and completely buy into the club. So there are many factors to consider but you hope there has been an abundance of work already carried out in terms of identifying a player/shortlist. City’s and Pep aren’t likely to just bring anyone, if the right player isn’t deemed to be available.

Are we really not going to go after anybody? I just can't believe we are going aren't going to attenpt to secure a DM if it's at all possible.

It always seems the case that our performance levels drop off around this time of year. Too much reliance on Fernandinho or falling back on players like Stones for the holding role, or Delph and Zinchenko for leftback slows our play down. Our game becomes less dynamic and more predictable. Teams can get a foothold against us.

Given the demands of our domestic season we need more youth and vitality (give Foden a few games!). For me Ndombele and Chilwell would be ideal. They could be the difference between major honours or not.

I don't see why the club should hold back. They're not the type of signings to send shockwaves through Europe but I believe they would make a significant difference.

Not getting another DM would be extremely naive imo as it’s already proved a problem when Fernandinho was injured against palace? Can’t keep putting players there that can do a job if required!
needs must and we did have too play without him. That said, no guarantee the result would have been different if he were playing

I'm assuming all this talk of zero signings in Jan is simply a cunning ruse to throw other clubs off the scent....

Im blue in the face from saying it but nobody agrees.
What a mistake it was to go with a tired 33 year old fernandinho as our only holding option. Did we think we were that good? Have we run out of cash? Something needs to be done. As we are on the verge of going backwards this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.