January 2019 window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. Arrogance i belive its called. I think we all can agree we all think we are better than we actually are
After the 100 points everyone was getting carried away. To be considered a great team defending the title and or winning the CL is a requirement. Even now I think we have more chance of winning the PL than CL.

After the 100 points everyone was getting carried away. To be considered a great team defending the title and or winning the CL is a requirement. Even now I think we have more chance of winning the PL than CL.
We are a million miles from winning the CL unfortunately

It's the 3rd time the club has done it.

After every league win in the summer the club get's complacent and doesn't push on, leaving other clubs to catch up or pass us.
This. But no one could have known that Mendy and Danilo would get injured again, and Walker and Delph would perform so awful. We were right not to buy more fullbacks in the summer IMO (considering how good Delph was last season), but the situation has changed since then. We didn’t have a plan B for the DM spot, which we should have had. Badly need Ndombele or Frenkie in january. Does anyone know anything about this Paredes guy? Negotiating with Zenit shouldn’t be that difficult

Sadly, I still believe that there will be no additions to the squad in January, as Pep has stated. But come the summer, we need to do some serious business to improve, refresh and rejuvenate this squad.

It always seems the case that our performance levels drop off around this time of year. Too much reliance on Fernandinho or falling back on players like Stones for the holding role, or Delph and Zinchenko for leftback slows our play down. Our game becomes less dynamic and more predictable. Teams can get a foothold against us.

Given the demands of our domestic season we need more youth and vitality (give Foden a few games!). For me Ndombele and Chilwell would be ideal. They could be the difference between major honours or not.

I don't see why the club should hold back. They're not the type of signings to send shockwaves through Europe but I believe they would make a significant difference.
That’s a fucking good post.

Think we need something to score the chances we create because at the minute we are toothless. Think certain players are believing there own hype aswell after last season and the World Cup . We chased jorghinho all summer and then to not even bother with another d midfielder is piss poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.