January defenders

Not seen or heard of any links, but Domingos Duarte, Portuguese, CB at Granada who are currently top of La Liga after today’s win. 6 clean sheets in 10 and an ever present at CB. Watched Granada last week against Osasuna and he was a mountain at the back. A clean passer of the ball, composed at the back and @ 1.91m gives us the height assurance many fans would like. Already got 2 goals for Granada too.

Came up through Sporting Lisbon academy and after a couple of loan spells joined Granada this summer for €2.25m, could be a potential bargain for January if we decide to get a CB in.

What about Sandler at Anderlecht? Don't know if he's good enough, but it would be a cheap option. I think his contract is up at the end of June, so City need to show him a career path in January anyway.

Ake and Soyuncu would be upgrades on Otamendi. I believe Stones has the greatest ability out of the three but his poor concentration is disconcerting.

Ake and Soyuncu would be upgrades on Otamendi. I believe Stones has the greatest ability out of the three but his poor concentration is disconcerting.

I know there's something to be said for being Premier League proven, but I feel as though we can save a lot of money for value by looking for options elsewhere in Europe.

Jonathan Tah - 6ft5, strong, fast, good at playing out from the back. Even sounds a bit like Kompany.

Guarantee if he came running at a player they'd shit bricks. He could add that physical dominance we need in a CB which would allow Stones, Garcia etc to play their natural game knowing he'd cover them. That's not even considering him next to Laporte.

Jonathan Tah - 6ft5, strong, fast, good at playing out from the back. Even sounds a bit like Kompany.

Guarantee if he came running at a player they'd shit bricks. He could add that physical dominance we need in a CB which would allow Stones, Garcia etc to play their natural game knowing he'd cover them. That's not even considering him next to Laporte.

Good shout. Surprised we haven't seen a top six side in for Tah up to this point. You'd think his physicality would be ideal for the Prem.

Good shout. Surprised we haven't seen a top six side in for Tah up to this point. You'd think his physicality would be ideal for the Prem.
He seems prone to the odd mistake but the pure threat of him, combined with us dominating possession should be a good combination. Would help defending corners as well.

He seems prone to the odd mistake but the pure threat of him, combined with us dominating possession should be a good combination. Would help defending corners as well.

Something seems to be putting big clubs off him. He burst on to the scene at 19, and since then there's been 8 or 9 massive transfers for young CB's and no one has gone after him - Bayern have even bought 2 CBs without looking at him, a young German CB in the National team picture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.