January defenders

Apparently we made an offer for a young Inter CB who has replaced Godin.
Bid rejected.

But could Godin do a job for us short term?
Bastoni? Heard he's an absolutely wonderkid. He had kept Godin glued to the bench for a while now. No wonder they don't want to sell him, we'll take Skriniar though.

Still good for at least another 5 years at the highest level.

Gomez is only 21 and someone we could use given that he's absolutely rapid which would be great given our suicide high backline that's extremely vulnerable to counters. That's why I want us to buy Upamecano, because he's young as well and rapid which would be absolutely crucial. To be fair I think Konaté is the best french Leipzig CB but he's out until March.

I went to F95 v RB Leipzig last month - Upamecano was very impressive, looked a very good player in the making, pacey and read the game well. Snuffed out everything. Timo Werner also looked top drawer .

For the amount of money we’ve spent on defenders I’d say the only 3 I definitely wouldn’t want to leave is Walker, Laporte and Garcia. There’s 5 defenders left who I wouldn’t care if we sold or they definitely wouldn’t be missed. A player like skrinar/Koulibaly is a must in the summer now probably.

He can play in the Champions League but it's not going to happen at short notice.

For the amount of money we’ve spent on defenders I’d say the only 3 I definitely wouldn’t want to leave is Walker, Laporte and Garcia. There’s 5 defenders left who I wouldn’t care if we sold or they definitely wouldn’t be missed. A player like skrinar/Koulibaly is a must in the summer now probably.
Maybe controversily I'd definitely like to keep Mendy, I think he'll come good. We're not going to get a lot for him either way and he's started to show what he can do, when he's not injured, for some time now. Starting to get the preicison in his offensive crosses back. I don't know how but he seems to have improved defensively since we signed him, which is weird (only misstake would be at the end of the Wolves match, he had a great game apart from that one misstake).

It's not like we can get anyone better. The only standout that's not too old is Robertson, and he's probably going to retire at Liverpool.
The only two "young" that are good enough and realistic signings imo are Telles and Digne. Telles while offensively superb is unproven at this level. Digne will cost a fortune as Everton are very wealthy and they're only back up is a old and washed up Baines.

Maybe controversily I'd definitely like to keep Mendy, I think he'll come good. We're not going to get a lot for him either way and he's started to show what he can do, when he's not injured, for some time now. Starting to get the preicison in his offensive crosses back. I don't know how but he seems to have improved defensively since we signed him, which is weird (only misstake would be at the end of the Wolves match, he had a great game apart from that one misstake).

It's not like we can get anyone better. The only standout that's not too old is Robertson, and he's probably going to retire at Liverpool.
The only two "young" that are good enough and realistic signings imo are Telles and Digne. Telles while offensively superb is unproven at this level. Digne will cost a fortune as Everton are very wealthy and they're only back up is a old and washed up Baines.
Mendy was one of the signings I was most looking forward to in 17/18, the injuries have fucked him no doubt, I hope he can regain that form but I have my doubts. He’s one of them who can be brilliant or absolutely terrible, don’t really want to rely on a defender and you don’t know which version will turn up. Although I agree the full back market is very thin these days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.