January defenders

We have to ask ourselves one simple question - what are our expectations from the current season? If the answer is winning the League Cup then the existing squad might be enough, if the answer is to win the Champions League then we need at least one CB because as is we will have a very hard time against Real Madrid. Our defense is a sad joke

At the end of last season, i bet most blues would have thought this squad that just won 4 trophies and missed out on progressing in the champs league by the tightest of var margins was capable of winning the champions league. heck i thought we could have won it last season if we hadn't gone out the way we did. our only apparent weakness was not having cover or an alternative for dinho in midfield which we addressed with Rodri.

So to say this season that the squad is incapable of challenging the champs league is not something i can agree with. get tge key players fit, get the focus we had last year switched back on, hope the margins don't go against us, and we have every chance of winning it. imho.

At the end of last season, i bet most blues would have thought this squad that just won 4 trophies and missed out on progressing in the champs league by the tightest of var margins was capable of winning the champions league. heck i thought we could have won it last season if we hadn't gone out the way we did. our only apparent weakness was not having cover or an alternative for dinho in midfield which we addressed with Rodri.

So to say this season that the squad is incapable of challenging the champs league is not something i can agree with. get tge key players fit, get the focus we had last year switched back on, hope the margins don't go against us, and we have every chance of winning it. imho.
I take your point BUT the loss of Vincent Kompany looks huge now.
Not just for his influence on the pitch but definitely off it.
Spending £60m on Cancelo looks mad when we are short at centre back.
He looks great at times but Walker is ahead of him for me.
With Kompany gone CB had to be our priority. By neglecting that we are paying a heavy price.

Apparently we made an offer for a young Inter CB who has replaced Godin.
Bid rejected.

But could Godin do a job for us short term?

City dont do short term and rightly so. Pep even said that it has to be a guy that is here for the next 4-6 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.