january signings

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Slicker than Sommeil said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
shawcross would be a great signing

no, No, NO.

why not ??? hes been one of the best defenders in the league this season, been in great form. A no nonsense CB almost like lescott, he would make a good replacement

I get its not some fancy named brazilian and this is the transfer forum but come on :)
This is precisely the reason we are in the situation we are in. A squad full of good players but non that compete on a European level. If we're not gonna sign the best player than I'd rather we don't sign any1 at all. The debacle in the summer proves this.

These numpties suggesting Downing & Shawcross please go and take your face for a **** Would any other TOP side consider signing players of this standard. We are better than this and our signings should reflect this.

We don't need to sign any wingers for now . I would prefer if we played Maicon as a winger (There's no way he would start ahead of a fit Zaba or Richards) , Maicon's crosses would positively impact Dzeko's goal scoring . What we need now is someone who has a lot of pace and strength in the midfield , someone who can cover for Yaya when he leaves and someone who can play alongside him when he returns , Players like Paulinho , Inler or nainggolan would perfectly fit in (although Paulinho's release clause of 11million , lower wages and goal scoring rate would make him the perfect cover for Yaya) . Lets save the winger money for the summer and when the summer window opens then we can get either one of Isco or Jovetic , Both of whom are utility players and can play as Attacking midfielders , wingers or as center forwards. If anything we should be looking into raising some funds by selling Balotelli .

Shawcross would be a solid signing. Our future is Kompany and Nastasic, think he would be a solid backup, hes close to the england squad and is a realistic target. Would like isco, benat or fellaini too would be a cracking window if we got one of those players.

dachoosen1 said:
Shawcross would be a solid signing. Our future is Kompany and Nastasic, think he would be a solid backup, hes close to the england squad and is a realistic target. Would like isco, benat or fellaini too would be a cracking window if we got one of those players.

Isco and Fellaini would be good

i♥city! said:
We don't need to sign any wingers for now . I would prefer if we played Maicon as a winger (There's no way he would start ahead of a fit Zaba or Richards) , Maicon's crosses would positively impact Dzeko's goal scoring . What we need now is someone who has a lot of pace and strength in the midfield , someone who can cover for Yaya when he leaves and someone who can play alongside him when he returns , Players like Paulinho , Inler or nainggolan would perfectly fit in (although Paulinho's release clause of 11million , lower wages and goal scoring rate would make him the perfect cover for Yaya) . Lets save the winger money for the summer and when the summer window opens then we can get either one of Isco or Jovetic , Both of whom are utility players and can play as Attacking midfielders , wingers or as center forwards. If anything we should be looking into raising some funds by selling Balotelli .

or sign a player for next season such as Deulofeu at barca trigger his release clause which is 10million.I agree paulininho could be the ideal replacement for yaya he looks big and strong and scores goals.Iwould also try and get a decent centre back but maybe that will have to wait for the summer.

mcfc2607 said:
city91 said:
Downing would be a good edition IMO if we could get him for anything under 10 mil. He's English and I reckon Bobby could turn him into a England regular.

David Villa would be an amazing signing, his link up play with Silva would be immense. If we could get him on loan or for anything under 12 million hen would be a steal.

These two are realisticly available IMO and would offer something to the team. Then in the Summer the Spanish guys can work on bringing Isco and Benat in :)

Haha good one.

Shouldn't this be in the joke thread?

i♥city! said:

100% disagree mate.
We break far too slowly, so having a winger as an outlet is an absolute must. Whether we will wait until Summer to get the one we crave I don't know. Otherwise, give Sinclair a run for 30 minutes or longer during a game, let the lad get involved and use his pace when breaking out of defence. But Maicon is definitely not the answer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.