january signings

Sinclair came on for the last 15mins when we were winning comfortably and Didn't make an impact you'd thought he would seeing we were controlling the game Easley

waspish said:
Sinclair came on for the last 15mins when we were winning comfortably and Didn't make an impact you'd thought he would seeing we were controlling the game Easley

I know but come on, give the lad a chance. He is a decent player. He just needs a few starts to get up to speed with the team and game.

Luca Scapuzzi close to leaving us for Varese in Serie B on loan with the option to buy. City would have first refusal to buy him back in future but I doubt we ever will unless he improves a lot.

Ideal signings would be Bale and Fellaini although neither will happen unfortunately. A cheeky bid for Suarez would be interesting especially if he can see that Liverpool are nowhere near Champions League places and why not offer Lampard a 12 month contract. Knows the league inside out and won't need months to settle......

LoveCity said:
Luca Scapuzzi close to leaving us for Varese in Serie B on loan with the option to buy. City would have first refusal to buy him back in future but I doubt we ever will unless he improves a lot.
I thought he went there before Christmas? Did the deal not go through then?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/serie-b/city-scapuzzi-al-varese-in-prestito-domani-lincontro/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/serie-b ... lincontro/</a>

Excuse the google translation:
Sometimes they come back, even talents of tomorrow. Luke Scapuzzi enchanted Roberto Mancini and has earned Manchester City, now a year and a half ago. A goal in the Carling Cup last year, the trust of the fans, a future high-level front. Forward class '91, is now ready to return to Italy to play and find space. Varese is ready to borrow, (as mentioned earlier on SkySport24), launched an operation and that tomorrow will come alive. Scapuzzi will be right in Varese: the first discussions, will taste the environment and will train with the team for a few days. The boy will then assess the final decision, because there are requests from Serie A, but the loan is ready. Varese is a solution that pleases Scapuzzi, waiting for his arrival tomorrow ...

He went for talks before Christmas, now it's close to a done deal as he's apparently said yes to it. There was some interest from Italy last summer too but he wanted to stay and fight for a spot in the first team... which was admirable but futile for a player not close to good enough for City.

Eds said:
Ideal signings would be Bale and Fellaini although neither will happen unfortunately. A cheeky bid for Suarez would be interesting especially if he can see that Liverpool are nowhere near Champions League places and why not offer Lampard a 12 month contract. Knows the league inside out and won't need months to settle......

100m,maybe more..... but 3 players,all at the right age,who would transform us and probably remove the need to spend 'big' in the future.

Then good luck to the guy in Italy. Guess it doesn't change our January position at all, as am sure the focus will be on bringing through the likes of Pozo and Cole.

Still hoping for a wide/creative midfielder. I'm one of those who see's Milner in the middle (though he was typically great wide yesterday) and so Isco or Villa would be very welcome in my eyes. Wouldn't mind us looking at Sneidjer also, may push his wage demands up if he does go elsewhere, and he can be decent.

With Garcia still to come good (give him time!) and Rodwell keeping Maicon company on some tropical beach, sorry treatment table, I guess a though tackling defensive midfielder would be welcome too. Fernandihno being linked today I from what I have seen he looks great. Though it obviously has to be a buy for more than just January, so we have to aim at as good as what we have already. He woudl fit that bill I think. I know very little of Paulinho, other than he was disappointing at the World Club Championship (though two games are not much to judge, may have been saving himself for us). Wanayama at Celtic is a no-no whilst they are still in the Champs League. Fellaini could be interesting but I fear being held to ransom by ET.

Strange one for me if Lescott goes. Though I suppose he is 30 and seemingly not a Mancini kind of defender, imo it's crazy to let him go now. Wait for summer. If he does go then we'd only need another center back anyway - Richards' injury problems remain an issue, and I'd not be happy with Vinny and Nastacic backed up with only Kolo with experience, especially as he's away now for a few games. Though Rekik looks promising, no point in taking a gamble at this stage unless we are forced to. I guess if it's part of a Fellaini deal though...

My guess would be... one of Paulinho or Fernandinho, and David Villa. One I'd hope for, Erik Lamela, a young Argentine midfielder playing in Italy currently, looks very promising.

*edit* I just checked up on Lamela, 10 goals in 14 games for Roma! They payed a princely sum for him so he'd probably cost us well over £20m.

LoveCity said:
He went for talks before Christmas, now it's close to a done deal as he's apparently said yes to it. There was some interest from Italy last summer too but he wanted to stay and fight for a spot in the first team... which was admirable but futile for a player not close to good enough for City.

I'm pretty sure it was more "let's stay at City on comfortable wage and wait if something better than Serie B varese eventually appear".

No chance he thought he could fight for first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.