january signings

What about Lucas Biglia? Supposedly a very talented midfielder, went to Belgium from Argentina and stayed there rather than moving on, though bigger clubs apparently wanted him.

Now Arsenal apparently in for him, £8m. Interesting to see how good he actually is, but reminded me of Mancini's interest in Gago, but he went to Valencia for peanuts in the Summer. Gago, Aguero and Messi all grew up together - was there ever anything in that I wonder?

I'll be surprised if we make any major signings. Maybe see a Vieira/Maicon type deal on a short contract. Last season Pizzaro came in and did a job for a few games. Unless someone is sold for big money that's likely to be the only way we'll see a new face.

masterwig said:
I'll be surprised if we make any major signings. Maybe see a Vieira/Maicon type deal on a short contract. Last season Pizzaro came in and did a job for a few games. Unless someone is sold for big money that's likely to be the only way we'll see a new face.

Great, that's cheery. I thought Mancini said we will probably make some signings!? Maybe even more need with Kun injured. We really need to anyway, of the summer panic buys only Nasty has strengthened us, while the shit have bought the best striker in the league. If we don't improve we'll struggle to retain the title, especially with Yaya away with the Ivory Coast and Balotelli away with the fairies.

Any news on whether we will be trying to get a centre-back in to cover Kolo's absence. Thinking a loan deal could be in order, be a bit risky having just Kompany as our only right-footed centre back. Who would be a good signing? Someone out of favour in the Prem with experience, maybe Jamie Carragher?

joke.

I get the impression that City are in a bit of a state of flux when it comes to transfer strategy. This will lead to a very very quiet January in which we'll see no outgoings and no more than 1 new face.

Even though the last thing we need is another central midfield player, I suspect that's exactly what Mancini will ask for.

Would love Isco to come in now...

But, as Malaga are still in CL, and have Porto, who they can beat (Expect them too), he might want to stay to progress as far as possible and wait until the summer...

Slicker than Sommeil said:

But, as Malaga are still in CL, and have Porto, who they can beat (Expect them too), he might want to stay to progress as far as possible and wait until the summer...

Or you could just as easily say, would he rather move now and have a serious shot at the Premier League and FA cup because he will know there is little chance of Malaga actually winning the CL and they ain't in it next term.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Slicker than Sommeil said:

Or you could just as easily say, would he rather move now and have a serious shot at the Premier League and FA cup because he will know there is little chance of Malaga actually winning the CL and they ain't in it next term.

Exactly.

More chance of a trophy with us IMO and even though money talks all players want to win medals.

BillyShears said:
I get the impression that City are in a bit of a state of flux when it comes to transfer strategy. This will lead to a very very quiet January in which we'll see no outgoings and no more than 1 new face.

Even though the last thing we need is another central midfield player, I suspect that's exactly what Mancini will ask for.
we kinda do though, bit unfortunate that Yaya's departure coincides with suspension for Nasri and so many injuries, but at the moment,we are low on options, Yaya is in fact turning 30 this May so should start lookin for a replacement anyways. Benat, Fernandinho and Paulinho are all options which would not be very expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.