January Transfer Window Its very quiet..or is it?

How does it inflate them. Champions league is at least as important as premier league to Pep and the club if not all fans.

The competition as a whole is, yes. But those games aren't because we had an easy group and it was virtually wrapped up very quickly. The fact that Pep rested KDB in the last 3 games is the clearest indication of what he perceives to be the more important competition at that time and it was the PL.

The UCL football inflates Foden's numbers but it doesn't change the central fact that he isn't trusted. KDB didn't play a UCL game after matchday 2/3 because we knew we'd go through the group. Foden has barely started a PL game in over 2 months, the UCL and the Carabao Cup games cannot disguise that.
Okay so he wasn’t picked ahead of KDB, but he was still picked for important games. One game a week and always being on the bench when not is pretty good going for any 20 year old, with one of the strongest teams and squads in europe.

Okay so he wasn’t picked ahead of KDB, but he was still picked for important games. One game a week and always being on the bench when not is pretty good going for any 20 year old, with one of the strongest teams and squads in europe.

You say that but we have a totally average attack, the numbers can tell you that. This whole thing about 'strongest teams and squads' in Europe isn't an argument I buy. We're literally the only top team in Europe that haven't got a regular from our academy and that's been the case for over a decade. Every other side (Bayern, United, Liverpool, Madrid, Barca, Juventus) have shown that they can successfully integrate an academy player to a first team regular while we still can't seem to crack the code.

I think City will have to make a couple of emergency loan signings in January (like David Pizarro, Lampard in the past)). Even if the Covid affected players recover without any further problems, the congestion of games will run us ragged. We just need a couple of fresh legs from January on....

The UCL football inflates Foden's numbers but it doesn't change the central fact that he isn't trusted. KDB didn't play a UCL game after matchday 2/3 because we knew we'd go through the group. Foden has barely started a PL game in over 2 months, the UCL and the Carabao Cup games cannot disguise that.
So coming on for the last 22 minutes of match day 1 and then starting the next 5 on the bounce shows that he's not trusted?

Okey Dokey.

I think City will have to make a couple of emergency loan signings in January (like David Pizarro, Lampard in the past)). Even if the Covid affected players recover without any further problems, the congestion of games will run us ragged. We just need a couple of fresh legs from January on....
We should at least be looking at someone like Luka Jovic?

I think City will have to make a couple of emergency loan signings in January (like David Pizarro, Lampard in the past)). Even if the Covid affected players recover without any further problems, the congestion of games will run us ragged. We just need a couple of fresh legs from January on...
Our named squad is full so can't be a foreign player unless we get rid of one or two in January.

Now you've gone and started me thinking of Sean Young

tenor.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.