January transfer window

BlueDejong said:
FantasyIreland said:
Anyone rate Shelvey? I think he has similar ability to Rodwell,maybe that bit more forward thinking and tenacious......and without the injuries.

I really think he's blossoming under Laudrup,and at 21,plenty of improvement time.

Oh...no....

Why?

I personally would like to see us get in a defensive midfielder to not only replace Garcia but be good enough to challenge for a first team place, the drop off from Yaya and Fernandinho to Garcia and Rodwell is too big in my opinion.

I do worry for us if one of Yaya or Fernandinho was to be out for a significant period of time.

Maybe a center back as well?

sam-caddick said:
I personally would like to see us get in a defensive midfielder to not only replace Garcia but be good enough to challenge for a first team place, the drop off from Yaya and Fernandinho to Garcia and Rodwell is too big in my opinion.

I do worry for us if one of Yaya or Fernandinho was to be out for a significant period of time.

Don't lump Garcia and Rodwell together because the difference in quality between those two is also humongous.

FantasyIreland said:
sam-caddick said:

Don't lump Garcia and Rodwell together because the difference in quality between those two is also humongous.
Absolutely! Garcia at least plays games. Roswell is permanently with the Physios. I say drop them both for Livermore, Shelvy (or anyone in the top 15 midfield) and you'd have an upgrade.

But if you want City like quality, look no further than Yohan Cabaye.

Don't know how much the club will be doing business this transfer window. The club has got to be paying attention to
the FFP board. Probably be more offloading than on loading. Some transfers for sure.

How much would Ricardo Rodriguez cost? Everyone, including myself, seems to think a new left back is in order, he's been playing really well for Wolfsburg and is only 21.

Citizenhill said:
How much would Ricardo Rodriguez cost? Everyone, including myself, seems to think a new left back is in order, he's been playing really well for Wolfsburg and is only 21.
is he a left back? I thought he was a winger, apparently they value him at £18m I read somewhere, we could probably do better for that kind of cash

aguero93:20 said:
Citizenhill said:
is he a left back? I thought he was a winger, apparently they value him at £18m I read somewhere, we could probably do better for that kind of cash

Yeah he is, and well yeah he probably isn't worth that much, but both our left backs are 28 now, which in a way is probably their peak, but we need to think about the future now and maybe let one go for some money.

I say we target Yann M'Villa who is purely a DM, could cover for Dinho/ Yaya or play right a long side them in a 3 man MF that would move Yaya further forward. He's not CL tied and still only 23 years old. Reminds me of Dinho in his passes from the back and always looking for the smart pass. Had some public issues as he was trying to angle for a move from Rennes and was on the Prem radar with Arsenal for the longest time before making the shock move to Rubin Kazan.

MillionDollarDream said:
I say we target Yann M'Villa who is purely a DM, could cover for Dinho/ Yaya or play right a long side them in a 3 man MF that would move Yaya further forward. He's not CL tied and still only 23 years old. Reminds me of Dinho in his passes from the back and always looking for the smart pass. Had some public issues as he was trying to angle for a move from Rennes and was on the Prem radar with Arsenal for the longest time before making the shock move to Rubin Kazan.

not a bad idea but I don't know if he's quite good enough to be our long term at that position. I'd rather buy a more experienced player now, who'll be good for a couple years and once we find the perfect player, then we invest heavily. no more wasting money... we're at the point now where we should only be looking at players who we believe can become the very best at their position, or at least among the very best. M'Villa is quality, but I can't see him developing into WC material, so what's the point in buying him at 23... Buy experience in January, buy potential and long term in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.