January transfer window

I can't see us buying anybody in January, all the top players will not be allowed to leave until the season is over.

Wretched Vengeance said:
The drop off from Fernandinho and Yaya to the other central midfielders is an abyss!

We are in almost desperate need of another quality player in this position. I hope MP thinks so too.

He must. They'll be run into the ground by February at this rate.

Would be nice to hear some leaks about who we're targeting.

Arsene Wenger will make an ambitious move for Everton’s Seamus Coleman if Bacary Sagna fails to sign a new deal.

The Arsenal boss wants his French World Cup defender, who becomes a free agent in the summer, to commit beyond the end of the season, writes Alan Nixon of the Sunday People.

Sunday People Sport can reveal that if he doesn’t sign, then Ireland full-back Coleman – who faces the Gunners today – is the first-choice alternative.

Coleman, 25, is now an Everton regular and recently signed a long-term contract, so his price could be as high as £10million.

Wenger admires Coleman’s skills and non-stop running, but would still rather keep Sagna than splash out on a replacement.

The frugal Frenchman is still cautious with the cash and giving Sagna, 30, a new deal may be better value than paying for Coleman

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-plan-seamus-coleman-transfer-2903704#ixzz2mq5Jekbz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2mq5Jekbz</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
--------------------------------------------------------------

If 10m is the price we should be all over it.Get Shaw on the left and we're good to go.

few unfancied names for Central Midfield:

Gregory Sertic(Bordeaux), Celso Ortiz(AZ), Jordy Clasie(Feyenoord), Luca Cigarini(Atlanta), Fernando(Porto), Fabian Lustenberger(Hertha BSC), Idrissa Gueye(Lille)?

There are lots of quality midfielders out there of varying degrees of attainability, from the pretty impossible (Vidal, De Rossi etc.) to the very unlikely (Pogba, Verratti etc.) but there are plenty who the stats are showing are playing well who may be attainable. Obviously we could go after CL dropouts, but really the only guy you'd plump for is Gundogan and a) he's injured and b) won't move in Jan. There are plenty of maybe unfancied players though, all highly rated on whoscored and the like, like Rakitic, Cigarini, Parolo, Badelj, Sertic, Clasie, Parejo, Gueye, Gutierrez, Lustenberger, Ortiz, Kramer, Fernando etc.

It's difficult to think who we'd be able to buy off, I doubt PSG and Roma are options, and maybe even a punt at Lucas at Liverpool would be very difficult. In terms of realistic prem players who are rated highly then it's the likes of Cabaye or Mark Noble (yes Noble) or Schneiderlin. Not convinced looking at the stats at the Bender's or Matic, in fact Matic is the only one who comes out in the stat tables close to Garcia.

It just depends on how ambitious can we, can we get these Level 2 signings like a Verratti, Pjanic, Pogba or perhaps a Pirlo as a stopgap (or a very good level 3 in Matuidi), having to be realistic in that it would be an end of season deal, or do we try to address an immediate problem and go for someone unfancied but in great form but is from a lesser league. The likes of Sertic and Cigarini seem interesting on paper, but I haven't seen much of either of them so am relying the stats of people I assume have....

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Gregory Sertic(Bordeaux), Celso Ortiz(AZ), Jordy Clasie(Feyenoord), Luca Cigarini(Atlanta), Fernando(Porto), Fabian Lustenberger(Hertha BSC), Idrissa Gueye(Lille)?

There are lots of quality midfielders out there of varying degrees of attainability, from the pretty impossible (Vidal, De Rossi etc.) to the very unlikely (Pogba, Verratti etc.) but there are plenty who the stats are showing are playing well who may be attainable. Obviously we could go after CL dropouts, but really the only guy you'd plump for is Gundogan and a) he's injured and b) won't move in Jan. There are plenty of maybe unfancied players though, all highly rated on whoscored and the like, like Rakitic, Cigarini, Parolo, Badelj, Sertic, Clasie, Parejo, Gueye, Gutierrez, Lustenberger, Ortiz, Kramer, Fernando etc.

It's difficult to think who we'd be able to buy off, I doubt PSG and Roma are options, and maybe even a punt at Lucas at Liverpool would be very difficult. In terms of realistic prem players who are rated highly then it's the likes of Cabaye or Mark Noble (yes Noble) or Schneiderlin. Not convinced looking at the stats at the Bender's or Matic, in fact Matic is the only one who comes out in the stat tables close to Garcia.

It just depends on how ambitious can we, can we get these Level 2 signings like a Verratti, Pjanic, Pogba or perhaps a Pirlo as a stopgap (or a very good level 3 in Matuidi), having to be realistic in that it would be an end of season deal, or do we try to address an immediate problem and go for someone unfancied but in great form but is from a lesser league. The likes of Sertic and Cigarini seem interesting on paper, but I haven't seen much of either of them so am relying the stats of people I assume have....

Source for the stats mate?

It is the problem area,which is allowing too much pressure on the defence.However playing two upfront in these type of matches,is not helping !
Lol at mark noble by the way .

Stoned Rose said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Source for the stats mate?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics</a>

I went through and put the stats into excel and tried a ranking system, which worked a bit peculiarly but aspects of it came out as useful.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

I've only seen two of these that I can remember. Clasie, who I watched when following Guidetti at Feyenoord, is really talented but he'd be a risk because he's never been tested at a high level. He's also very small. His passing is really something, though.

Fernando would definitely be good enough for a good Premier League club, from what I have seen of him in the CL. He is athletic and very tenacious, and some of his tackling would bring back memories of NDJ. He is an excellent tackler, and that is what we need in a third midfield option I think, but he also passes well.

LoveCity said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I've only seen two of these that I can remember. Clasie, who I watched when following Guidetti at Feyenoord, is really talented but he'd be a risk because he's never been tested at a high level. He's also very small. His passing is really something, though.

Fernando would definitely be good enough for a good Premier League club, from what I have seen of him in the CL. He is athletic and very tenacious, and some of his tackling would bring back memories of NDJ. He is an excellent tackler, and that is what we need in a third midfield option I think, but he also passes well.

yeah he looks a good option, shame we couldn't get De Rossi a few years back, his stats are immense. Verratti's passing stats are insane too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.