January transfer window

Andouble said:
is Cabaye really good enough?

No. Good for a middle of the road club like NU but not a title/CL contending team. We dominate the midfield every time we play NU. Is a very good creative player but a defensive liability which is our issue. We need someone who can do both jobs like Fernandinho.

In the press conference, yesterday, MP said we would not be looking for defenders, assuming Kompany remains fit through to January, and that neither goalkeepers nor forwards were being sought. With Jovetic and Guidetti in the wings that makes sense. However, MP never mentioned midfielders, and he's normally very careful in what he says, so I suspect we may seek to add a player that can bridge the gap between first and second choice midfielders. If it werefrom within the UK, I'd like us to test Spurs and see if Dembele could be lured.

Gabriel said:
In the press conference, yesterday, MP said we would not be looking for defenders, assuming Kompany remains fit through to January, and that neither goalkeepers nor forwards were being sought. With Jovetic and Guidetti in the wings that makes sense. However, MP never mentioned midfielders, and he's normally very careful in what he says, so I suspect we may seek to add a player that can bridge the gap between first and second choice midfielders. If it werefrom within the UK, I'd like us to test Spurs and see if Dembele could be lured.

Not sure if he is happy to be on the bench most of the time even if we could offer him the opportunity to play in CL games.

jared said:
Gabriel said:

Not sure if he is happy to be on the bench most of the time even if we could offer him the opportunity to play in CL games.

Perhaps not, but he's closer in terms of power and ability to Toure and Fernandinho than Milner, Garcia, and Rodwell, so we'd be able to rotate the middle more without having to disrupt our preferred style of play.

We definitely need another strong tough-tackling DM (i.e not Garcia) in Jan. Sandro would be a great choice doesn't shy away from a tackle and proven in the Premier League would be a welcome addition here for me.

I can't see us buying anybody in January, all the top players will not be allowed to leave until the season is over.

I honestly think that is why we are regretting selling Barry - he might not have been flavour of the month but he actually did a good job in midfield and would have complemented Fernan better when required

Garcia is shite and I reckon Pellers and Txiki know this along with kolarov, and Demi does not look like a long term fix

my concern is that we may actually leave it until the Summer so we might just have to bite our lips for a few months longer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.