January transfer window

With regard to defenders, there really doesn't seem to be that much available this window. Not of the type that would be a big improvement over what we have already.

steviemc said:
With regard to defenders, there really doesn't seem to be that much available this window. Not of the type that would be a big improvement over what we have already.
It's not just this window they don't seem to be that many top defenders available. Even the ones that perform well for a season end up getting ridiculous valuations like Shaw, Zouma, Mangala and Marquinhos.

I've came up with a simple plan which City should follow

Players who must be retained at all costs
Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Nastasic
Demichelis
Kolarov
Yaya
Fernandinho
Garcia
Navas
Nasri
Silva
Aguero
Negredo
Dzeko
Milner
That's 14 players, only 2 is homegrown.

Reason why the must be retained
Hart - our number 1 and homegrown
Kompany - our captain
Nastasic - the potential to be our Ferdinand
Demichelis - he's Argentine.
Zaba - he's ace.
Kolarov - how many full backs have scored more? Coleman you say? wrong! Everton play a 3-3-3-1, with Barry in the middle of the first 3.
Yaya - goals.
Fernandinho - he's ace.
Garcia - he's Spanish.
Milner - can play more than 1 position and is teetotal.
Navas - he's Spanish and fast
Nasri - he's ace.
Aguero - he's our top scorer.
Negredo - he's our 2nd top scorer
Dzeko - he's our 3rd top scorer.

Players who if staying Kun Aguero would be happy however if they can be upgraded he'd be happy-er.
Jovetic - watched Fiorentina a lot so know Jovey's ace however if he's not settled and always injured goodbye.

Clichy - only if Luke Shaw's coming. Also he's homegrown.

Good players however perma crocks
Rodwell and Richards - have to be sold because their perma crocks.

Sad to lose
Lescott - I'd like to keep him however he may want to move.

Never been good enough and robbing a wage[/color
Boyata - simply gash.

Might have to go because he's not homegrown
Pantillimon - he's good however to keep in line with the quota he may have to leave.
Promoted from the rezzies

Who we have to sign
Ramos - can play right back and centre back so instead of buying 2 players to replace Lescott and Ricards we buy one. Ramos.

Our squad is looking a woman stretched at the moment and teams who aren't competing in all competitions still are strengthening while we are staying stagnant. I'm a bit confused.

Fabio to Cardiff ? Permanent move.

I hope this doesn't mean that they that must not be named, are not super confident of signing Luke Shaw.

We know we need to tweak the defence and I hoped we would get Shaw in he summer.

If there is any truth in the Lescott to Villa rumour then all we are doing is weakening the squad in an area (defence) that we are struggling (ok I know we have struggled more in the past)

We should really not let United (or Chelsea) have Shaw without a fight. I know a centre half is more important, but the summer will see a few changes at the back so why not get it started a few months early and sign at least a pre contract with one of the most promising left back talents in Europe.

not saying this for January window but in the future i hope we could do something like this, to better the squad (home-grown rules taken into account)

Pantilimon -> Caballero
Richards -> Clyne
Lescott -> Caulker
Demichelis -> Mangala

Defence should be 100% the priority and with these changes we would be replacing three fairly average players with three high quality and high potential replacements. Panti is coming to the end of his contract iirc and Caballero would be top quality backup. Caulker is dependent on how well we feel Karim Rekik has progressed by the end of the season.

Garcia -> Matuidi
Rodwell -> Cabaye

The drop from our first choice midfield two of Yaya and Fern to Garcia and Rodwell is too big. Whilst Garcia has shown signs of improvement this season, we could still get £5-10m for him and replace him with a fantastic defensive midfielder, Matuidi, on a free transfer.

Rodwell has far too many injury problems, it seems as if its every game he gets injured and barring one or two very good performances, he hasnt looked up to scratch. Cabaye is technically brilliant and isnt afraid to put his foot in.

Then we need to see how Guidetti's loan deal goes at Stoke and also if Marcos Lopes impresses further between now and the end of the season/year. If both impress and show that they deserve a place in the squad then no attacking transfers are needed (providing Edin stays).

However if Guidetti doesnt look up to it then we would most likely use Jovetic as a striker as opposed to an attacking midfielder. Then if Lopes isnt quite up to it just yet then i think we should look at getting a speedy left winger, a la Navas. I love Jimmy Milner but just dont think he is a winger and should be kept as a utility player.

Maybe someone like Deulofeu?

Whilst none of these players are seen as 'marquee signings' i think they would all significantly improve the squad.

With that said if any of Pogba, Vidal, Kroos, Reus or even Messi become available then i think we would be foolish not to act.

--------------Hart-------------
Zaba---Kompany---Mangala---Kolarov
--------Yaya------Fernandinho---------
-----Nasri-----------------Silva-------
-----------Aguero----Negredo---------

------------Caballero---------------
Clyne---Caulker---Nastasic---Clichy
--------Matuidi---Cabaye----------
Navas---------------------Lopes/Deulofeu
-------Jovetic/Guidetti---Dzeko---------

Its clear for everyone to see that we have the best first team in the league this year, but its a myth that we have the best squad. With these signings we would certainly have the best squad and would give us the best chance of competing in all four competitions as rotation is key.

I repeat, this is not a suggestion for this window, but between now(if not too late), summer and next january.

MrE said:
Fabio to Cardiff ? Permanent move.

I hope this doesn't mean that they that must not be named, are not super confident of signing Luke Shaw.

We know we need to tweak the defence and I hoped we would get Shaw in he summer.

If there is any truth in the Lescott to Villa rumour then all we are doing is weakening the squad in an area (defence) that we are struggling (ok I know we have struggled more in the past)

We should really not let United (or Chelsea) have Shaw without a fight. I know a centre half is more important, but the summer will see a few changes at the back so why not get it started a few months early and sign at least a pre contract with one of the most promising left back talents in Europe.

at least drive the price up to stupid levels, forcing them to maybe miss out on another target.

Wonder where the Glazers have got the money from, I reckon the Rags are just spouting hot air with the gamble of Mata to try and get into top 4 and the whole cycle will repeat itself.

Why would the Glazers give Moyes money he wouldn't give Fergie? Doesn't make sense unless they're just using Mata as a panic buy to get back into top 4 and then it'll be the usual budget but it having to be used on squad rebuilding, they won't be able to afford Shaw in the summer imo, and if they do buy him it'll be at the expense of buying top centre backs and central mids.

Glazers must know squad under Moyes ain't good enough they want a guaranteed income from their investment by putting in 150m -200m now they can guarantee maybe drawing a further 500m over next few years. They only care about money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.