January transfer window

I agree, I think a CB is the highest priority right now, Aguero's back and we were scoring for fun without him. Now we have:

Boyata: I think a good defender, comfortable with the ball, yet inexperienced and appears to 'bottle it' - Couldn't imagine him scoring...
Lescott: Again pretty solid, strong and up against big attackers, effective. Bit slow but does score the odd header
Kompany: Best CB in the prem easily, the world? maybe.. defends stoically and scores from corners
Nastasic: Quality when paired with Kompany, Kompany does that.
Demichelis: Again good all round player with the ball at his feet, commited yet panics,
Richards: Proven to be sound at CB, Strong aerially, but too gung-ho, doesnt read the game well
Garcia: Doesnt perform at CB

Now we won the league under Mancini with basically Kompany and Lescott, But Kompany has maintained his high standard and Lescott has gone off the boil... The ideal pairing is now Kompany and Nastasic. Now as satisfactory cover we have Demichelis.

I would say signing another strong experienced CB would be advantageous.

I dont think it need to be a world beater, a mix between Andy Morrison, Gerard Weikens, and Richard Dunne would be nice

TangerineSteve17 said:
I agree, I think a CB is the highest priority right now, Aguero's back and we were scoring for fun without him. Now we have:

Boyata: I think a good defender, comfortable with the ball, yet inexperienced and appears to 'bottle it' - Couldn't imagine him scoring...
Lescott: Again pretty solid, strong and up against big attackers, effective. Bit slow but does score the odd header
Kompany: Best CB in the prem easily, the world? maybe.. defends stoically and scores from corners
Demichelis: Again good all round player with the ball at his feet, commited yet panics,
Richards: Proven to be sound at CB, Strong aerially, but too gung-ho, doesnt read the game well

Now we won the league under Mancini with basically Kompany and Lescott, But Kompany has maintained his high standard and Lescott has gone off the boil... The ideal pairing is now Kompany and Nastasic. Now as satisfactory cover we have Demichelis.

I dont think it need to be a world beater, a mix between Andy Morrison, Gerard Weikens, and Richard Dunne would be nice

That would not be a pretty sight!

ianw16 said:
TangerineSteve17 said:

That would not be a pretty sight!
It would be fookin slow.

Seeing as yet no one has been signed and all our work seems to have been done in the summer. Given that our injury crisis is easing although the games come thick and fast IMO sensible not to add to the squad for the sake of it and in fact saw a positive article saying no need for players and no panic buying. The squad we have is good enough to compete on all four fronts if we are not complacent and give 100% and for me shows good man management that Pellers can trust the squad he has and hopefully the players trust him. For once I haven't seen or heard any player moaning about not having enough game time and the rotation policy that Pellers has used seems to have benefited most players.

I have to say that the summer is the ideal time to look at the positions that need strengthening and no doubt replacements have already been identified and hopefully over the next few weeks those deals will be firmed up so that again targets are brought in early.

Barry out of contract
Lescott out of contract
Richards last year of contract
Sinclair - loan him out again or sell
Pants replace or re sign
Garcia - maybe carry on but hope we can find an upgrade
Demichelis signed a two year deal one assume he will stay another year as a back up
Dzeko if we can get a good fee he may go or he may want to stay given the run he has had and the way Pellers has treated him and all the strikers.

For me enough outgoings to warrant a fresh look at the whole squad, we know Pellers likes two quality players for each position just hope the players brought in are as fit as fiddles and are not made of glass or plagued with injuries. :-)

Sounds like we either have 1 or 2 coming in or Pellegrini is winding the media up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.