January transfer window

i8rags said:
ianw16 said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
I agree, I think a CB is the highest priority right now, Aguero's back and we were scoring for fun without him. Now we have:

Boyata: I think a good defender, comfortable with the ball, yet inexperienced and appears to 'bottle it' - Couldn't imagine him scoring...
Lescott: Again pretty solid, strong and up against big attackers, effective. Bit slow but does score the odd header
Kompany: Best CB in the prem easily, the world? maybe.. defends stoically and scores from corners
Nastasic: Quality when paired with Kompany, Kompany does that.
Demichelis: Again good all round player with the ball at his feet, commited yet panics,
Richards: Proven to be sound at CB, Strong aerially, but too gung-ho, doesnt read the game well
Garcia: Doesnt perform at CB

Now we won the league under Mancini with basically Kompany and Lescott, But Kompany has maintained his high standard and Lescott has gone off the boil... The ideal pairing is now Kompany and Nastasic. Now as satisfactory cover we have Demichelis.

I would say signing another strong experienced CB would be advantageous.

I dont think it need to be a world beater, a mix between Andy Morrison, Gerard Weikens, and Richard Dunne would be nice

That would not be a pretty sight!
It would be fookin slow.

You're kidding, Dunny was lightening quick and Morrison was no slouch.

Pellergrini had a wry grin on his face when asked about transfer activity - have a feeling we have one or two irons still in the fire!!

Daz_Blue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Pellergrini had a wry grin on his face when asked about transfer activity - have a feeling we have one or two irons still in the fire!!

Matuidi I hope ....

And Mangala as well - might as well be ultra optimistic!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
Probably thinking to himself "I will let you poor f***ers keep speculating on BM but I actually know that nobody is coming in".

This seems very easy to me (if it were FIFA 14). Offer a straight swap for Matuidi, sending Clichy the other way. Offer Porto Javi Garcia as make weight for Mangala to bring price down to 30m, then tempt Southampton on deadline day for Luke Shaw, or sign a young promising left back, i. e. Jetro Willems, Vinicius (Brazilian), etc. Let Lescott go. Other option is to keep Clichy and pay a fee for Matuidi. I think Jovetic staying fit will make missing Nasri less painful. Another option for CB would be to go get a young English one, running low on homegrown talent these days, I know Lacselles has been linked in the window, however I would much rather we find a way to sign a more proven player at the highest European level, ala Mangala.

I do think suring-up midfield is worth it, but would like to see Javi go, just to balance the numbers, he's been better lately, but honestly doesn't really have the game to fit what Peligrini wants to do.

Most importantly though, the centerback problem needs to be addressed in January, it would be the one thing we would look back on if City does not win the League this year and second guess if it doesn't happen. Not to mention, the way everyone else is scrambling around throwing money at problems, we look cool and calm, one signing to address a weakness would look like just that, so we don't have to "ruin football".

......turns off xbox.

-- Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:49 am --

......Turns XBox back on.......................One last thought, I'd like to see City do the "big club buys promising youngster just to loan him out" thing a little bit. I know we have been linked to him in the past, but why not splash a little money to get a Zakaria Bakkali and loan him back to PSV for the year, have an option to bring him back to City next January.

.........walks out of living room leaving xbox on, just in case.

so you want to sell Clichy now and wait until the last few hours of deadline day to see if Southampton will bite on Shaw? And let Lescott go - would you like Boyata to be the backup left back if this scenario blows up in your face?

Couple of signings would be nice - You read all the time that City will sign all types of players and will just outbid other teams pay more etc.

In reality our owners have never really done this like say PSG and Monaco have done - they just go out and get what they want no matter what the cost. if we were like this then surely we would have signed Thiago when PSG went in or just pay the money now for say Mangala.

I think they are a bit more money savvy and because of this i certainly think we will be lucky if one signing comes in. I think they plan ahead and believe their business was done in summer.

Andouble said:
so you want to sell Clichy now and wait until the last few hours of deadline day to see if Southampton will bite on Shaw? And let Lescott go - would you like Boyata to be the backup left back if this scenario blows up in your face?

It would work on XBox, and yeah you are right, the Clichy part is the hardest, might just have to keep him, but he's miles behind where he was, and value is only decreasing, PSG would be THEE club to take him and pay his wages, hence it represents a good opportunity.

I'm no fortune teller but each time Pellegrini is asked about transfers it does seem as though something is happening or trying to happen behind the scenes.

I wouldn't like to speculate in anything, I just wouldn't be surprised judging on Pellegrini's shiftyness when asked that something may happen.

Who knows who, we've linked with everyone. Shaw, Matuidi, Mangala & Sandro are my favourites. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign someone completely out of the blue..

Does anyone know if we've wrapped up the Argentinian kid for the summer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.