January transfer window

A new CB please. Boyata wasn't good enough for Bolton or FC Twente, he's not good enough for a team chasing titles.

Perhaps Capoue on loan from Spurs? comfortable on the ball, quite energetic, solid defensively and would give good cover for Yaya and Ferna until the summer when Alonso/Matic/Matuidi/Pogba and Zuculini come in. He has fallen behind Sando, Eriksen and Dembele in the pecking order, and they also have Paulinho and the much fancied Bentaleb in his position as well as Sigurdsson and Holtby. They are apparently interested in a loan for Lescott, maybe we could do some kind of swap, leaving space to sign an upgrade at centre back.

I think in january if no-one leaves apart from youngster loans such as guidetti we should stick with what weve got as I feel lescott will stay til the end of the season.Sign zuculini on a pre contract young rising dm.Then in summer sign mangala (linked again today) for lescott and buy either alonso or matic as we wont need both for garcia dzeko off to dortmund and use guidetti as 4th striker providing he does well on loan. Buy 2nd choice keeper (experienced) to challenge joe as after today pantilimon isnt good enough!!

We won't upgrade at all the places that need it but a CM is vital for our quadruple challenge. Letting January go by without doing anything would be really playing with fire.

I agree we could use another long-term CB but we at least have numbers in our favour with them in the squad right now.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Just posted this is in the who you want to sign thread, but for me, Montolivo from AC, or failing that, lets try and get Xabi Alonso.
With Milan being my second team and coming from an Italian background, I can honestly say he would offer little in defending for us and he's quite overated in my opinion. If we could get him for cheap he could be useful as a backup and as an attacking mid.

I think the Matic rumours has legs. One of a few that we need reinforcements for and seems to tick the right boxes.

Alonso is a stop gap that is possible.

Wont mind Jackson Martinez but we are heavy on strikers.

It is kind of silly some of the players some folks on here think Man City should/will buy

Ex: Montolivo, Messi, Xabi Alonso... Seriously?

Our big problem is that in many positions where we need/could do with a player we already have them but they are crippled (Rodwell for CM, Jovetic for both the CAM and Aguero creative striker role, Micah RB). I think if we are serious about upgrading our squad in Jan we should be looking at getting rid of players first.

I can see us getting another striker though as I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund came in big for Dzeko in an attempt to restore the clubs fortunes with Bayern trying to suck the life out of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.