January transfers

Re: January Targets

Jaxite said:
bluechampion7891 said:
In central midfield and wide areas.

We only really have Yaya, Fernando and Fernandinho as CMs, lampards past it and he and Yaya go in January so cover is needed. I can see a deal with Juve with Nastasic going the other way and Pogba coming here if they fail to get to the group stages. Another possibility is Schniderlin, homegrown and a very good rotation option. In any case I'd be astounded if we dont bring in a CM.

We need a left goal scoring winger, Negredo's departure should have been made more bearable had we addresses this area. Maybe we could tempt Dortmund with a pre-agreement at a price more than Reus's release clause. Maybe even Shaqiri.

Rather not he is very inconsistent..

dont like him either but are there any really quality wide players available. 2 have already gone in this window (Sanchez and Di Maria), Reus I see only a very small possibility as Madrid, Bayern and the rags will be all over him.

I'm still more worried about the central areas than attacking midfield.

bluechampion7891 said:

We only really have Yaya, Fernando and Fernandinho as CMs, lampards past it and he and Yaya go in January so cover is needed. I can see a deal with Juve with Nastasic going the other way and Pogba coming here if they fail to get to the group stages. Another possibility is Schniderlin, homegrown and a very good rotation option. In any case I'd be astounded if we dont bring in a CM.

We need a left goal scoring winger, Negredo's departure should have been made more bearable had we addresses this area. Maybe we could tempt Dortmund with a pre-agreement at a price more than Reus's release clause. Maybe even Shaqiri.

We don't Pogba now . We would have to wait until Yaya leaves before getting Pogba. We could use Milner or Zucculini as CM for now.

We will probably be in for a striker and I'm sure the powers that be are working on it right now. I hope Aguero can stay fit, can't see it but if he can't then we are going to be in for a lot of problems when it comes to playing 3 games a week with the same 2 strikers. It will probably mean MP has to go with playing 1 striker instead of the usual 2 just to ensure they are fresh enough.

Surely the terms of the Negredo deal must of included a recall clause because we would be in huge trouble if 2 strikers got injured... And it happened for a big portion of the title run in last season!

i♥city! said:
bluechampion7891 said:

We don't Pogba now . We would have to wait until Yaya leaves before getting Pogba. We could use Milner or Zucculini as CM for now.

Zuculini is out on loan; Milner is not rated as a CM by the manager (as well as the previous manager).

Pogba is only say b/c he is young, possibly/potentially HG if we get him in Jan, and it would allows us to be 4231 most of the time with Yaya in the hole behind the striker with the 2 Ferns and Pogba rotating in 2 CM spots. All the while improving depth in CM massively.

inbetween said:
We will probably be in for a striker and I'm sure the powers that be are working on it right now. I hope Aguero can stay fit, can't see it but if he can't then we are going to be in for a lot of problems when it comes to playing 3 games a week with the same 2 strikers. It will probably mean MP has to go with playing 1 striker instead of the usual 2 just to ensure they are fresh enough.

Surely the terms of the Negredo deal must of included a recall clause because we would be in huge trouble if 2 strikers got injured... And it happened for a big portion of the title run in last season!
No way would Valencia allow a recall since they also have an obligation to buy. Its just a loan for the sake of paying us next year otherwise he is already their player.

With regards to January, striker is the obvious choice but I just don't see who could come in for us. I also think we will be in for Pogba/Barkley. Yaya will probably leave next summervand we might be down to 2 CMs in January. Though maybe Lampard might stay till around about Yayas back and we make a move for Pogba/Bakrley next summer.

We are definitely stocked and done in terms of our defenders for the future till Demichelis leaves.

inbetween said:

Depends how it's structured. Assuming it's effectively a deferred purchase, I'd be surprised if there were a recall clause.

alib said:
We'll probably sell Aguero to United

I heard they're looking at Kolarov and Clichy as they believe they're still a bit light at left back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.