January transfers

Re: January Targets

bluechampion7891 said:
Zuculini is out on loan; Milner is not rated as a CM by the manager (as well as the previous manager).

Pogba is only say b/c he is young, possibly/potentially HG if we get him in Jan, and it would allows us to be 4231 most of the time with Yaya in the hole behind the striker with the 2 Ferns and Pogba rotating in 2 CM spots. All the while improving depth in CM massively.
I've been trying to figure this out because there's a lot of conflicting information, but I think Pogba qualifies as home grown. He was registered as a United player from 2009 to 2012. That's three seasons: 2009/10 and 2010/11 in their youth team, and 2011/12 in the senior team - then he was released that summer. The rules state:

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

So it seems like he qualifies, which makes him an extra valuable commodity to English clubs. Or am I missing something here?

Castiel said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Zuculini is out on loan; Milner is not rated as a CM by the manager (as well as the previous manager).

Pogba is only say b/c he is young, possibly/potentially HG if we get him in Jan, and it would allows us to be 4231 most of the time with Yaya in the hole behind the striker with the 2 Ferns and Pogba rotating in 2 CM spots. All the while improving depth in CM massively.
I've been trying to figure this out because there's a lot of conflicting information, but I think Pogba qualifies as home grown. He was registered as a United player from 2009 to 2012. That's three seasons: 2009/10 and 2010/11 in their youth team, and 2011/12 in the senior team - then he was released that summer. The rules state:

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

So it seems like he qualifies, which makes him an extra valuable commodity to English clubs. Or am I missing something here?

I am not sure, someone posted that due to some conflict with his previous club United registered him a bit late. Certainly he wasn't there for 36 months.

Big Dave Watson wrote:
We wont be signing anyone in January.

I completely agree, with one caveat that if one of our players receives a serious injury we might be tempted to plug the gap.

Big Dave Watson said:
We wont be signing anyone in January.

15eeof6.jpg

So if we sign no one in January and Lampard/Yaya's exits to New York and Africa overlap (Lampard's loan deal is "until January" and an extension may not be possible w/ it being a new brand/club + AFCON starts on 17/1 but they will want Yaya at least a week earlier), are we really going to have two central midfielders for this run of games?

wan4d00.jpg

That doesn't include any cup games we might play.

3 in midfield is a must for Chelsea away too or we'll simply be overrun. And as much as people talk about it, there is no sign of Milner ever being a central midfielder for us again. None of our managers seem to rate him there.

LoveCity said:
So if we sign no one in January and Lampard/Yaya's exits to New York and Africa overlap (Lampard's loan deal is "until January" and an extension may not be possible w/ it being a new brand/club + AFCON starts on 17/1 but they will want Yaya at least a week earlier), are we really going to have two central midfielders for this run of games?

wan4d00.jpg

3 in midfield is a must for Chelsea away too or we'll simply be overrun. And as much as people talk about it, there is no sign of Milner ever being a central midfielder for us again. None of our managers seem to rate him there.

If we are still in the Champions League, which we should be, then I see us scrapping the domestic trophies and focussing our attention to the league and Champions League.

We may sign a midfielder but I doubt it, maybe a loan or a South American prospect coming in.

i think the barca boys will want to see something coming off the etihad campus production line soon.

celf said:
i think the barca boys will want to see something coming off the etihad campus production line soon.

This is the key. This is what is needed to pad the squad out. Liverpool with Sterling and Flanagan last season and United with Januzaj and maybe Wilson now as their 4th striker. They should still have Pogba as well. Arsenal have the likes of Wilshere, Gibbs, Gnabry and Sonogo to pad out the squad.

If we had a good young forward coming through and ready then the whole 4th striker argument would be answered by that. Same with the 4th centre mid.

LoveCity said:

wan4d00.jpg

Nasri and Milner can do the job there for few games.

with one of the oldest slowest and most injured squads in the league . lampard and yaya away our only new signing in attack unlikely to get a work permit having lost one striker and another ready to follow does anyone really believe we wont be desperate for the window to open. pellers played less english and youth than mancini he will simply scrap both cups and switch his teams form euro to prem . anyone still believe we wont buy a player in jan with 50 mil burning a hole in pellers pocket.as for getting stung in jan ridiculous if your desperate or stupid you will look at mangala and fernando did we nearly get them at half price. take a look at reus will dortmund sell to us if he has not signed a new contract or leave it to munich. there are always players who want to leave clubs after they go out in europe and some like suarez are great

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.